Some loser did the Friday Five over at the revgalblogpals this week:
1) Your work day is done and the brain is fried, what do you do?
Facebook or other ways of touching base with friends. Also, I have re-engaged in a knitting project and that has been fun.
2) Your work week is done and the brain is fried (for some Friday, others Sunday afternoon), what do you do?
Hopefully nap, but if not playing with The Boy and eating something yummy works too.
3) Like most of us, I often keep myself busy even while programs are on the tv. I stop to watch The Office and 30 Rock on Thursday nights. Do you have 'stop everything' tv programming or books or events or projects that are totally 'for you' moments?
Well, The Office and 30 Rock get my full attention. I also like to make stuff in the kitchen with The Boy which I NEVER pre-child saw myself wanting to do... or at least enjoying.
4) When was the last time you laughed, really laughed? What was so funny?
Tonight, things were a bit nutty as my Mom and I were transitioning The Boy from being dropped off by his Dad, dinner and then out to trick or treat. In the midst of organized chaos he said, "You girls are driving me crazy!"
Such comedic timing for a not-even-4 year old.
5) What is a fairly common item that some people are willing to go cheap on, but you are not.
Soft toilet paper. Life is too short to not have cushy, 2 ply.
Bonus: It's become trite but is also true that we often benefit the most when we give. Go ahead, toot your own horn. When was the last time you gave until it felt good?
The knitting project I am working on is a prayer shawl for a ministry that is just getting off the ground in our church. I was given one almost 5 years ago and it meant so much to me. I told The Boy what I was doing, making a blanket for someone, and he said, "For someone who is crying?"
It's a cool project and a fun, soft way to reach out to someone who is hurting.