Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Chip Off the Ol' Block

One of the challenges for me at these Christian music festivals are the speakers. They are good speakers and I know their overall audience is the younger set, not me but still... sometimes their messages just make me cringe. As a Youth Director I was always careful to follow up with my youth about making a decision to follow Christ not just with your emotions, but also with your head.

Simply put, if you are getting baptized every year at the festival, then it's time to rethink what a committment to Christ is.

I brought The Boy up to the stadium so we could eat dinner during the speaker with our group and be ready for the concerts to start. The speaker was hard to see, but there were huge screens on either side of the stage that kept showing close-ups of him. He was a heavy-set man and it was a hot and steamy day so as his message got more intense his face became more and more flushed and part of his hair was wild and crazy and the other part was matted down and he became more and more animated and was screaming his message into the microphone and right when he gave a dramatic pause my son (age 3) declared loud enough for a huge section of people to hear:

"Mommy, this guy is from Crazy Town!"



I couldn't be more proud.

28 comments:

Tiffany said...

Out of the mouth of babes comes the best stuff ever. Brilliant!

Songbird said...

I love him!!!

Towanda said...

Awesome.

Drew said...

That's beauty.

Purechristianithink said...

And a little child shall lead them . . .

Teri said...

teehee!

Listing Straight said...

I love that boy.
He has a good mother...

Rev Kim said...

hee hee! The Boy is perceptive, isn't he?

peripateticpolarbear said...

hee hee

pastor to be said...

that is awesome!

cheesehead said...

Love. That. Boy.

ElastiGirl said...

A budding theologian!!

DogBlogger said...

bwahahaa! Love him. And you.

RevHRod said...

The boy is a gem!

Mary Beth said...

What a smarty!

PK said...

Reckon you could send The Boy to speak to our congregation??? He sounds like he definitely knows the differences between good news and poop!

Sue said...

Love it!

God_Guurrlll said...

That just made me smile from ear to ear! Yes my boy he is from crazytown.

Kathryn said...

Fabulous child...Mind you, look at his mother :-)

Mrs. M said...

I love it!

Susie/NuevaCantora said...

Love. It. Can he be borrowed for events?

zorra said...

Gifts of discernment emerging at such a young age! I'd be proud too!

Identity Mixed said...

What a riot!

Miss Smarty Pants said...

Long time lurker, but I thought this was so funny I had to tell you that I have been laughing about this since yesterday. Found your blog through Elastigirl.

1-4 Grace said...

He's brilliant I tell you, brilliant!

Gracebythesea said...

You can't fool animals and children!

Lauralew said...

Great post. The kids tell it like it is, for sure!

Auntie Knickers said...

Ayuh, you sure are raising him right!