Saturday, May 03, 2008

That's a Croc!


Weird how the simple purchase of a designer item can seem like yet another veil lifted... or chain link removed... or whatever. It's really not that dramatic but I did enjoy having the mometary second guess on buying them and then the joy of realizing it was my purchase to make and mine alone.


The Boy loves his as finally I have allowed him to pick out something in his favorite color - black. His next favorite color is purple. Fortunately I didn't have to wrestle with his freedom of choice vs. society's expectations because he saw the black ones first.

We are enjoying a casual Saturday. It's nice.

Also, I made whatever 70% of $110 is in a consigment sale over the weekend. That's enough to go to Disney, right?

12 comments:

cheesehead said...

Um... not sure about your math on the Disney thing, but hey if the Crocs are your thing, enjoy them!

I think a little guy in purple Crocs would be downright a-freaking-dorable.

The Vicar of Hogsmeade said...

I'm thinking feet that little could wear anything and be cute

sure you can go to Disney ... the Store ... and buy something on clearance

Songbird said...

My Crocs are purple, remember?

will smama said...

Oh sb, I remember... but yours were more lavendar than purple.

Mary Beth said...

I love my Crocs. They are black but that's ok.

My friend Janet who died last year had them in every color! So whenever I see them I think, "Janet shoes!"

LadyBurg said...

I like these! Are yours the pretty blue color to match that tattoo?

will smama said...

Nope. Dark blue for me.

Kathryn said...

Mine are the same as in the picture...and so comfortable that I gladly tolerate the superior comments about "plastic shoes" that my menfolk indulge in!
Love the thought of crocs as a blow struck for freedom!

A. Lin said...

What is wrong with a boy liking purple? My oldest son's favorite color is purple. My youngest son's favorite color is pink. At 5 and 2 1/2 respectively, that is bound to change in the next few years.

Just try finding a shirt when your son has to wear his favorite color to preschool. Not many purple or pink shirts out there for boys.

BTW, 70% of $110 is $77. Just figure out what 10% of $110 is (move the decimal one place to the left) and then multiply by 7 to get the 70%.

will smama said...

Thank you A. Lin. You will note that The Boy got to have his first choice and that even with the math done for me, it appears that a Disney trip is a couple of more consignment sales away.

St. Casserole said...

I love my Crocs.

Your boy is adorable.

Thanks for taking us along with you as you rejoice in new things.

Reformed Catholic said...

FWIW ... I can't get crocs .. especially in cold weather, my toes would get cold.

On Disney ... you can do well with some of their packages, but not that well. I would say about 6 or 7 more consignments of over $100 would get you the park package, but not the transportation.