Thursday, May 01, 2008

Place Holder

Sorry about the delay in posts. I feel like a have a couple brewing but I have been trying to get things 'decent and in order' again in the office after a pre-Easter of walking through the valley and a post-Easter of climbing out if it.

Songbird reminded me of this funny story that when cleaned up can be a great sermon illustration. I have used it with Genesis 2:

While at my intern church I used to hang out with the quilting group once a week. Not because I have any small motor skills or crafting ability whatsoever but because this is where one could learn all the news of the church.

On one of these mornings conversation turned to plane crashes - there must have been one in the news. There was much discussion on whether that was a good way to go or a bad way to go when one quiet woman kept her head down quilting as she said, "Well, I heard that rapid of a change in air pressure causes all of your clothes to be ripped off. I don't mind dying in a plane crash but I sure as hell don't want to be naked!"

7 comments:

Chorus said...

Great story; thanks for sharing.

Songbird said...

heeheehee

Teri said...

hahah! Nice.

I too used to hang out with the (well, crochet) group at my internship church so that I could find out what was going on. Our "prayers and pincushions" group here is now meeting at a home, though, so that lets my non-crafty self out. Too bad....these stories are gold!

The Vicar of Hogsmeade said...

I had a quilting group in a previous church, my nickname for them was "the Ladies sewing circle and terrorist society"

mid-life rookie said...

Tee Hee. Thank you!

Juniper said...

snort!

Have you ever cracked open one of those horrible left behind books? when the good people are sucked up into heaven, they always leave behind a little pile of clothes...

Lorna said...

:)