Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The Big Event 2008

Some Bloggable Facts:

The colors of my tattoo match the colors of the Gulf of Mexico as seen from the aft deck of the ship.

I am now an
international geocacher.

As great (and plentiful) as the food was on board, what really made me full was stuffing myself with
Cheese and (St.) Casseroleand other wonderful “dishes” on board.

Sometimes
line dancing on the deck of a catamaran can be a spiritual exercise. Seriously.

Anything, and I mean ANYTHING, sounds better when said in a
lilting British accent.

When one has been broken and isolated all hugs are readily accepted.

Any day where the toughest decision is margarita on the rocks or margarita slushy, is a good day.

‘(((ws))) - (0) - ]*’ are not unconscious typos. When you receive one, stop. And know that you are loved.

Sometimes Easter breaks through after you leave the church building.

Sometimes two desserts is exactly what Jesus would do.

Seek and ye shall find… Lady of Guadalupe made out of “alabaster”…
at half price!

Grace abounds.

After months and months of rowing it sure was nice to be on a ship with its own engine!

Tattoos – even painted on – are a valid symbol of solidarity.

Belly laughs are the Word of the Lord.

If Sunday School offered more ‘greasy beat-downs’ (massages) there would no longer be an attendance problem.

A picture is worth a thousand words and can sometimes be the mirror of a
singing soul.

Not all of these are my story to tell. Some are reflections of what others experienced. For me it is just so good to finally be on the other side of The Dark Place. I feel like I kicked off the bottom of the deep end and I am finally making my way up to the surface. Grief cycles, so I may go down again, but hopefully I have made my way closer to the shallow end.

We're Back.
I'm better.
Peace, friends. Thank you for rowing.

25 comments:

Songbird said...

(((ws)))

DogBlogger said...

(((ws))) and

]*

and, very glad and honored to have helped you row.

Love ya. Mean it.

LadyBurg said...

oh, so, so, so good. Welcome back.

RevDrKate said...

Amen to all that! It was an honor to be part of the rowing team. Grace does abound!

zorra said...

Hooray and amen.

Quotidian Grace said...

Woo-hoo! May you only be rowing downstream from now on...

RevHRod said...

Miss you already! And how come I didn't know Jesus felt that way about dessert. I could have eaten that chocolate thing with a piece of cheesecake on top! ;-)

Ruby said...

loved, loved, loved being with you. (((ws)))

Gracebythesea said...

You are 12 and 21 and 121 and I enjoyed every age of you.

Listing Straight said...

Good to have you back---

]*

cheesehead said...

It was an honor and a privilege to be on a boat (with an actual motor) with you.

I'm still enjoying my greasy beat-down. You?

Pink Shoes said...

welcome back. so wish I'd been there.

ElastiGirl said...

floating along with you was indeed an honor -
((((ws))))

peripateticpolarbear said...

welcome back

ymp said...

Alelluia!

SpookyRach said...

how cool!

God_Guurrlll said...

Blessed be sister. It was an honor to cruise with you.

(oo) tee hee. But I'm twelve.

Love ya, mean it!

Identity Mixed said...

I missed you all.... and want to go next time!

And truly, I was so glad to hear your voice yesterday. Completely better tone than the last time we spoke.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Oh I so want to go next year. I am so glad you got a lot out of this. You deserved it.

Mary M said...

What a strong, vibrant wondrful woman - strong enough to weep and alive enough to laugh.. I'm so glad that I met you....Mary

revabi said...

Oh wow, I sure appreciate your one liners, and so glad your oar turned into something with a motor of joy and love attached to it. I am so glad you got to go. And I would of hugged ya too, even as short as I am if I were there!

Kathryn said...

Love you. It was great, wasn't it.
Outboard motor at the ready here should it be needed - but hoping for a few favourable tides for a while yet, my friend :-)

Diane said...

welcome back. and, I believe it about line dancing.

next time?

beth said...

Good for you! So happy that you were so richly blessed...

stinuksuk said...

Good for you! So glad you had a wonderful time and felt cared for!
Don't push too hard, resurrection will come to you, when it's time.
In the meanwhile, like a bulb, you have to push up and through a bunch of dirt first. But it will come, new life awaits you.