Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Damn. I'm Tired.

When I was in seminary it took a lot of energy for me to keep up with the folks at Psnooty Theological. So when sweet Friday came, I usually crashed and crashed HARD. By the end of the semester's exams and papers this non-academic was a zombie. I would spend the week after each semester looking for a soft place to put my head.

That's how I feel this week ever since Sunday afternoon - so tired at times, I can't sleep. Last night BOTH The Boy and I fell asleep during Sesame Street with me considering carrying his dead-weight toddler body up the stairs to be my official exercise regiment of the day... if not the week.

No need to pontificate why I am so dadgum tired in the comments, I get what I have been through. Add to that the onset of spring allergies and you've got yourself some tired!

Here is something you CAN pontificate on... How does my son seem to KNOW when Domestic Goddess is coming? The only morning he dumps his toy bins is when she is coming and the next day he ALWAYS dumps something huge or sticky on the floor. This morning it was yogurt.

No biggie, Jesus will still come again... I was just wondering.

15 comments:

God_Guurrlll said...

Psnooty seminary, sounds like where I got my Mdiv.

Peace and energy,

Pink Shoes said...

They just know things. It's freaky sometimes.

Listing Straight said...

You know, the kids, they send memos around detailing these things.

1) Get grumpy when your parents are tired

2) Dump things on the floor when your parents don't have time to clean them up

3) Try to eat the dog food- it will drive them nuts

cheesehead said...

LOL at Listing Straight!

The grown up, ManChild version of these rules:

1. Don't, under any circumstances call your mother up casually, just to talk.

2. Every once in a while, call her from a strange number--the kind that she'll have to figure out whether or not its the county jail. Make those calls after 11:00 PM.

3. Act all "What?" when she worries about you.

Just a few things to look forward to.

PS: it wasn't the jail.

Kathryn said...

Dogs do it too...

esperanza said...

Another one from our house: develop worrisome symptoms. Convince parents to take you to the doctor. Upon arrival, experience miracle cure and disappearance of all symptoms...this makes your parents look crazy. Hilarious!

Sue said...

Cat memos are sent only after the whole house is asleep. These are spoken, of course. Loudly.

Mary Beth said...

Totally OT:

Completely unrelated question (tho Domestic Goddess related): Did you buy that new vacuum? What did you end up with? Do you like it?

Lomagirl said...

In our house it's always juice or something on the floor the day after its been freshly swept.
(Here are the letters I have to type below. I think they are going to be a new swear for me. fekudvwj- it's nasty and bad, isn't it?)

Rev Dave said...

Get some rest. If you don't have your health, you don't have anything.

(To borrow a phrase.)

Gord said...

WAit, spring allergies???? SOmeone out there is having SPRING???????

That can't be right (as we loook forward to temperatures just above 0 F for the weekend)

Songbird said...

I always thought making a mess right before the Cleaning Lady came was the RIGHT thing to do...
but I grew up in a house with a cleaning lady who washed and ironed my Barbie clothes.

Songbird said...

Which come to think of it really explains a lot about me.

LadyBurg said...

Hope you sleep deep this evening, my friend. Not that it will be enough, but its a start.

will smama said...

Gord, this is exactly why the allergies always catch me off guard. It is to dang cold for spring allergies except that things bloom in accordance with the sun being out more, NOT according to the temperature and I believe even in Canada the days are getting longer and longer.

I went outside to check and sure enough the Forsythia has just a hint of something blooming and this particular bush seems to mark my misery. As pretty as the yellow is, when the buds turn to green usually marks the end of my allergies.