Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's Official

I have fallen off of the anti-football band wagon. Is it my fault that my team has made it to the NFC Championship game? I mean, really, what is a girl to do?!

This year I just didn't want to be more focused on football than I was on my son. Were the games on in my house as background? Certainly. But they were never the main focus of my attention. Well, at least not until the second half of last week's game when I let my entire downstairs be trashed all in the name of focusing all of my energies into beating the Cowboys (Umm yes, part of me actually does think I had something to do with it, why?).


I may have crossed a line tonight though. In order to keep The Boy entertained while I focused my energies on ending the playoff run of the otherwise highly respected and beloved by me Brett Fav-re, I pulled out The Boy's birthday present a little early.


He doesn't look like he's suffering too much though, does he?



16 comments:

LadyBurg said...

That is sooo cool! Can I play?

cheesehead said...

Whatever.





;)

I'm all "being a good sport" over at my place.

Rev Kim said...

After your beloved Giants knocked off my beloved Cowboys, and after they knocked off the Packers (I was pulling for Favre to get one more Super Bowl ring), I'm now jumping on your band wagon and pulling for Eli. 'Course, maybe you don't want me jumping on because it seems I'm bringing the teams I'm rooting for bad luck.

Congrats on a great game, and here's hoping they knock off the Patriots! And there's nothing like when *your* team is in the Big Game! Enjoy!

The Vicar of Hogsmeade said...

All's fair in love and playoffs

dust bunny said...

That is one lucky little tunnnel-er!!!

will smama said...

rev kim... really? I didn't know anyone could call a team with whiners like Romo and Owens on it 'beloved'. But good for you for sticking with the team.

I just wish the SB were this week as a week off I fear will bump the GIANTS from their rhythmn and the Pats(ies) will just gain more and more confidence.

Oh well, it's just a game.

Rev Dave said...

Well, at least you din't have to put him in the dog's crate so you could watch the game in peace! :-)

RevHRod said...

So are you going to have to get tunnel extensions in order to watch the Superbowl?

Mary Beth said...

Too cute! I used to play with my nieces & nephews in their tunnely thing like that. We were all smaller then! :)

Happy football...

mzb said...

Wow...I really thought you were exaggerating when you said your living room was taken over!!

Magdalene6127 said...

That is one cool tunnel. That is one happy boy, I'm thinking!

Congrats!

Chorus said...

How FUN does that look?! And a fantastic picture too!

Songbird said...

He looks contented. I approve.

Sue said...

The Boy does look like he's enjoying his birthday gift.

um...

It looks a little like a habitrail. Is it okay if I say that and giggle a bit? :)

]*

IdentityMixed said...

Awwww! Very cute. He's like a meer cat.

The Steelers did win a Superbowl this decade. So I am holding on to that with all my might.

By the way, we can throw a nice party for Superbowl Sunday. We know how to throw a party for those who actually WATCH the game! Pack up and come out.... we have tunnels here too.

Deb said...

Eh.
A lot of the joy has gone out of my football zest...
Ohio State lost.
The Washington "racial slurs" lost.
At least the Cowboys did too.

I didn't know who to root for watching the Packers and the Giants... so I ended up just watching and enjoying --- FOOTBALL!!!

:)
deb

P.S. I so totally want to come play with The Boy... if only my knees would not complain.