Saturday, December 22, 2007

Revgalblogpal Friday Five: Christmas is Almost Here Edition

With losing electricity and family coming in today I never caught up to the Friday Five but it was too good to totally miss out on it.

REVHROD writes:
I have debated with myself for weeks about today's Friday Five.
Self 1: It should be deep and theological.
Self 2: But it's almost Christmas, it should be fun and warm and sweet.
Self 1: But your last Friday Five was sort of silly. You should show your more serious side.
Self 2: You worry WAY too much!
So after consulting with my fourteen year old daughter, we're going playful, pals o' mine! I love stories, so I hope you'll tell some about your favorite Christmas memories.


What was one of your favorite childhood gifts that you gave?
One year I went with sentimental gifts. I think I was in college and it was cool because it might have been the first year I really put some thought into the whole present giving thing. Sadly it took me until college to give a decent gift. Sorry mom. Sorry Dad.

What is one of your favorite Christmas recipes? Bonus points if you share the recipe with us.
Applesauce Cake! - see # 5 in the link.

What is a tradition that your family can't do without? (And by family, I mean family of origin, family of adulthood, or that bunch of cool people that just feel like family.)
Ummmm...... It is a bit of a no-brainer, but Christmas Eve church service. Sounds like a no-brainer for a family with a clergy member in it, but I actually had it written into the custody agreement that I get The Boy EVERY Christmas Eve rather than alternating. It is just that important.




Pastors and other church folk often have very strange traditions dictated by the "work" of the holidays. What happens at your place?


Nothing happens. Sweet, unadulterated nothing. The Boy dictates the package opening schedule, the food is simple and delicious and you must come to us.


If you could just ditch all the traditions and do something unexpected... what would it be?Hawaii. Definitely Hawaii.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Your simplicity sounds like a plan to me. And The Boy on Christmas Eve - go for it!

Auntie Knickers said...

Mele Kalikimaka to you and The Boy!

RevHRod said...

Thanks for playing. I am so glad that the Boy is a permanent Christmas Eve feature. And the relaxed sound of it all sounds GOOD. Have a blessed holiday and a nice nap when it's over. You've had quite the week!