Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A Talent Wasted

I truly believe that my m-i-l's gift for manipulation - if used for good instead of evil - COULD have been used to solve the crisis in the Middle East. That is how much practice and energy she has put into it over the years.

But FIRST a couple of things I want to pull out from the comments in the previous post:
"If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me." - Identity Mixed, I LOVE it!

And the shoulder punch thingy *[ was invented by none other than Listing Straight because we are both abysmal at the whole hugging thing.


Now, back to this. While married I have been very careful not to go on rants on the blog about my in-laws - too stereotypical. But as we all know, too often there is truth behind stereotypes. In this case, I think my m-i-l may have actually raised her manipulation to a level where she can actually make herself sick.

Her son and I are going through a shocking separation and divorce. Although I try very hard to work with TDH and he with me when it comes to The Boy there are certain places I adamantly and angrily draw the line. For instance, his parents have requested that he bring The Boy down to southern, 'f'allic state for Christmas. HELL NO!

I realize that eventually I am going to have to let that trip happen, BUT IT AIN'T HAPPENING NOW!!! And it SURE AS HELL ain't happening on the first Christmas after our separation that I had NOTHING TO DO WITH. (Please excuse my 'yelling'. I am yelling with you, not at you.)

This has not been an argument between TDH and I, he gets that and is not even remotely pushing to bring The Boy down to see his family for Christmas. This is why his mother had to take such extreme measures. She is now in the hospital, needing a procedure they cannot do because of an infection and yet she somehow manages to mumble into the phone, "Sure would be nice to have you and The Boy come down for Christmas this year."

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!!?!?!?!?

I seriously think this woman would sacrifice her life in order to get TDH and The Boy down there against my wishes. If this be the path she chooses so be it, because he ain't going... and that would be her very last move.

22 comments:

Songbird said...

Holy crap.
That is beyond unbelievable.

Tiffany said...

Wow - she is bitch-tastic. To quote Whitney Houston, HELL to the NO!

IdentityMixed said...

Ok. I have met the Evil M-I-L. For anyone who thinks WS is embellishing the story, I assure you... she isn't. I sat across from the EMIL trying to peacefully eat my hamburger while listening to her demean everyone. Including people she had just met minutes before. I was stunned. She's a lot like roadkill. You want to look away, but you just cannot help yourself.

will smama said...

Oooh im, I actually had forgotten you had met her. And you are right about me not embellishing, in fact I 'under-bellished'. The story is far worse as after mumbling incomprehensibly on the phone to TDH and then to The Boy, she asked the latter clear as day, "Are you coming down to see Grandma for Christmas?"

Thankfully TDH took the phone from him and hung up on Grandma.

Preacher Mom said...

Oh. my. goodness. She is truly evil!

more cows than people said...

yell away! sheesh...

Elaine said...

To anyone who needs verification, read back over the posts when the divorce events first unfolded. Anyone who could display that much grace, love and acceptance under those circumstances is a Saint of the first order.

If she says her MIL is evil -- Satan had better start making a place by the fire.

Elaine
Norman, OK

net said...

Let it out, WS!!!!! We're good listeners!

Wyldth1ng said...

I am sure you have already let your MIL know about how you feel and she the same to you, but the question should not even include MIL at all. She shouldn't even be a factor in the decision amking process and unfortunately TDH is the one to have to tell her or it will continue.

That is the only advice I have.
Divorces suck.
I hope the best for you and The Boy.

IdentityMixed said...

Oh yes, WS. I cannot forget. I heard her demean you, the other DIL that was there and two of her sons. And then she started in on our friends that are not French and my husband and I were ready to say something. We had to make eyes at each other so we wouldn't scream at her. I hate her.

will smama said...

Elaine and all supportive listeners, thank you.

I hear you Wyldthing - healthy discussions have been attempted, but unfortunately all those involved in a healthy attempt at discussion must be healthy. She is not a factor in our decision making, only a factor in our headache.

Kathryn said...

Truly the woman is beyond belief...I'm so glad that you're not letting her manipulate you.
This would be a hug, but I'm well trained so ]*

Listing Straight said...

"She is not a factor in our decision making, only a factor in our headache."


Well said, WS, well said.

Of course, I think you deserve to be headache-free.

Drew said...

(Evil inside voice of righteous indignation and retribution on the souls of the living)

Maybe she will just kick it before Christmas. And may God love us...ev'ryone...

cheesehead said...

Evil people suck.

Big hairy moose butt.

(Which is a kind of sucking I usually only reserve for cancer, but in this case I make an exception.)

Sue said...

She is truly bitch-tastic. I agree with cheese - evil people suck.

Rev Dave said...

Cheese: Big hairy moose butts available for rent over at my place. Should we ship MIL one?

Towanda said...

Yelling right along with you. Sheesh!

zorra said...

Speaking as an experienced shrink:

Un. Be. Lievable.

Speechless.

Michele R said...

If there is a silver lining, it may be that she will be ex-MIL in the fullness of time...

Magdalene6127 said...

Oh, the narcissism. Oh, the borderline personality disorder. Oh the Major Mental Illness of it all!

Not a shrink. But I've met a few. You are stunningly sane, WS, despite being surrounded by some pretty amazing illness and dysfunction.

Prayers for all... especially The Boy. No one is allowed to use our precious children like that.

God_Guurrlll said...

I hope hell will take her...

oops did I say that.

Your MIL is something else. I had one just like her 17 years ago.