Friday, October 05, 2007

Revgalblogpal Friday Five: Thankfulness Edition


Good timing on this one as I am battling a headache (real and in the form of the soon-to-be-ex) and need to think of some things of which I am quite thankful. Obviously this week there is the clear-cut, bad ass choice but it got a week of posts so I will focus on five other things.

This one is going to be veeeery simple: List at least five things (people, places, graces, miracles...) for which you are thankful. You may elaborate as you wish, or keep it simple.

1) Family - My parents live about 20 minutes away. I have NO idea how people get through life without family support.

2) Friends - See family! I have friends who make me laugh, friends who hear me out, friends who call me on my bs, friends who pay for me to come and visit them and eat their food, friends who read what I write on the internet and friends who let me use their beach house (in only 14 days!). I am a firm believer in the theory that you are only as strong as the support system around you.

3) The Beach - I shall see you soon, my love.

4) Leaf Wreath - Now I know why parents have boxes of arts and crafts projects that to the naked eye look like recyclables. So far I have the very first art project on the fridge (which is often greeted with a gleeful, "Mommy, I draw that!"), a laminated placemat, a beautful book of leaf tracings and this wonderful door ornament. All of them made by...

5) THE BOY! - Cliche maybe but this is not some random, 'of course' statement. A lot of thought lately has gone into whether I should have entered into this marriage in the first place and has it been worth it and the answer is an absolute YES. There are many reasons why this is so actually, but THE BOY makes it a resounding, no-doubt-about-it answer. I will never forget the joy as his cries cut through the delivery room, the look on his Father's face, and the feeling in my own heart. And it has only gotten better since. Truly, I am blessed.

18 comments:

Identity Mixed said...

1. I enjoy your family as well. Especially that mother of yours who enjoys the company of my husband. :)
2. I enjoy your friends as well. Those I have met and those who I only know online. And I truly enjoy that beach house!
3. I can see that beach in my mind now. Miss it! And jealous... want some company?
4. There ain't nothing better than what your kids make you!
5. That boy of yours always brings a smile to my face too!

Iris said...

What a sweet pic! I feel the same way about my two kidlets. I envy your close proximity to family. our families live 750 or more miles away and we're thinking of moving back.

Blessings, WS!

jill said...

beautiful pic, beautiful boy, beautiful sentiments...

cpclergymama said...

Wonderful play! And that picture just melts my heart! Loved the pics of the tattoo as well.
Blessings!

Jan said...

Wonderfu description of your gratitudes. What a beautiful picture of your son--a treasure. And you are so blessed to live that close to your parents. Mine have died, but my entire married life, we lived far, far apart, like from WA to TX

more cows than people said...

sigh. lovely.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

What a wonderful post! I love his picture.

And I do not know how people get along without support systems either! My children are, in part, who they are because of my parents and the relationship that they have with them.

My baby boy is 15 today!

leah sophia said...

yes, yes, always The Beach--thanks for playing!

reverendmother said...

Oh those fleshy kissable cheeks of his! And look at his little man haircut.

Ready for BB to arrive...

Wyldth1ng said...

Good play.

(I really have no idea how people can live so close to family. Someday, I will learn.)

Songbird said...

Oh, that boy! So sweet!

mompriest said...

Indeed.

revrosa said...

The picture is just achingly beautiful, like so much of your writing. I'm glad you will be at the beach soon. Peas...

CoG said...

Our children make it all worth while, don't they? Blessings.

John Shuck said...

That is one cute kid!

St. Casserole said...

Please come see me and bring the Boy. I need to hug that child and kiss that sweet face. His, not yours...

Counselor in Process said...

May you heal from your headache soon! And boy! what a boy.

Magdalene6127 said...

WS, I appreciate and resonate with what you said in #5. I have thought about how young I was when my husband and I married (21 to his 22), how it was or wasn't wise, and any time my mind wanders to that ultimate question... all I have to do is look at my two children, not quite so cuddly as the Boy these days, but beautiful people inside and out... and I think, yes. The marriage was a good thing. It gave me these two wonderful young people.

Blessings,

Mags