Monday, October 29, 2007

Home

Good trip. Real good trip. Some fun stories I am sure I will share as we go. There were of course some melancholy moments as well - all to be expected.

I did some thinking about home. What is home? Where is home? I spent some time eating personal comfort foods that remind me of home. I spent time with some folks who treat me like home - buying me stuff and loving me unconditionally since they have known me since I was Will's age and either they or their children were that age as well. I spent a Sunday morning in my home church and I stayed in two places that TDH and I at one time called home and visited another.

Where is home? What is home?

The Boy and I had a wonderful time together. For 10 days the agenda was pretty much set by him rather than by my schedule or my to-do list or my computer. It was nice. I wish his agenda started later in the morning but it was still really great.

Truly, I am blessed. My last ten days were spent with family and friends who might as well be family. I was constantly reminded of how much people care about me no matter where in my life I met them and no matter what hill or valley I am currently on or in. And throughout I had by my side my son with his precious smile and his big hugs and his funny 'stories' and his trusting hand in mine.

With him, I am home.

21 comments:

cheesehead said...

Welcome back.

And welcome home.

That boy sure is precious!

Songbird said...

I love you both! Glad you're back!

Drew said...

Welcome back. The boy is getting so big and grown up...

Rev Kim said...

So glad the trip was so good for your soul.

The Boy is adorable, and the look on his face is one of pure joy.

Cathy said...

I am loving the picture of the boy.

Sounds like the trip was wonderful. Welcome home.

QuakerPastor said...

Awsome picture--welcome back!

IdentityMixed said...

Welcome home!

Tatusko Family said...

From my favorite Toad the Wet Sprocket song.... (remember them?!) "Home is not the place where you live, but the place you belong."

DogBlogger said...

Welcome back, and welcome home.

Purechristianithink said...

Welcome back. We left the light on for you.

Towanda said...

Welcome home. Blessings.

Mary Beth said...

Welcome home! Been wearing out my eyes lookin' for ya!

JWD said...

Welcome home.

So how was it showing off that new tattoo???

Lorna said...

welcome back and welcome home. I've missed you

Pink Shoes said...

What a great picture. You've been missed 'round here.

Wyldth1ng said...

Awesome

Michele R said...

Glad you had a wonderful time, even gladder you're back.

Sue said...

Welcome home!!

Kathryn said...

We missed you and are so glad to have you back in this little home corner of the internet. Good to hear that you really did manage some "you" time...xx

LadyBurg said...

Welcome back! Welcome home! I've missed you.

leah sophia said...

WELCOME BACK HOME!!! thoughts on home...thanks for the reflections, and the Halloween pic is sooo aorable!