Thursday, October 11, 2007

Good Day Today

Thank you size 12 pants that didn't fit and then the size 10's did!

Thank you Red Robin and the sweet and savory Bonzai burger. Of course in order to keep the pants victory I will need to desist on the Red Robin victories.

Thank you Mom and Dad and a few friends.

Thank you The Boy for pulling it together and finally having a good time.

Thank you green balloon for aiding in that good time.

And thank you dog for comforting The Boy when he came home and told you that green balloon popped and balloon scare, balloon sad. Truly, you are Boy's best friend.

ADDENDUM: At 1:38AM the pitter patter of little feet came into my room, crawled into my bed and laid down next to me.
"Mommy... Mommy."
"What Will?"
"My balloon popped."

I am not sure if that was a memory or a bad dream but I let him stay. Besides... it was cold! :)

12 comments:

Songbird said...

Yay, you!
And yay, Boy!
And yay, Dog!!

Identity Mixed said...

10! Oh sweet victory.

And dog... yes, nothing cuter than a Boy and his Dog.

ppb said...

yay dogs, parents, pants, boys and green balloons.

more cows than people said...

ah... that size 10 moment! it's glorious!

and for all the other joys- yay!

DogBlogger said...

So many joys -- yay!

Identity Mixed said...

How soon before the dog starts joining you in bed? Hmm? Hmm?

will smama said...

Dear im,
Never.
Ever.

Michele R said...

Sometimes there is nothing better than curling up to sleep beside your child. It can heal a multitude of ills!

Have a great weekend!

Wyldth1ng said...

I can relate to the green balloon.

Sue said...

I'm glad you had a good day. It's been a long time since a little toddler has visited me during the night. Those are such fond memories. Hold on to them.

will smama said...

You know Sue, thank you. Sometimes I get so obssesed with the Proper Book of Parenting that I forget that sometimes these moments are too cherish and not to regret. Certainly I need to be aware that this does not become a detrimental pattern but one night?

No need for guilt there!

ElastiGirl said...

I'm with Sue on this one too - the twelve year old quit darkening the door of our bedroom once he got "the talk" - but the nine year old still does very occasionally - and it's nice to cuddle up with his little self.