Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Bad Ass

(More pictures below)
Bad Ass: Going to get a tattoo.
Not So Bad Ass: Planning Holy Week with the local ministerium before you can leave for said tattoo.

Bad Ass: Getting a tattoo.
Not so Bad Ass: Getting into your minivan afterwards... that was parked in the library parking lot no less. (Although the child's seat and the blanket covering the seat where the dog sits are decidedly bad ass.)

Bad Ass: Not limping at all from the tattoo.
Not so Bad Ass: Limping anyway due to the self-inflicted children's gate wound.

Bad Ass: Getting a beer with your friend after the tattoo.
Not so Bad Ass: Getting groceries by yourself at Walmart after the beer.

Bad Ass: Knowing that the lotion you need for tattoo care can be found next to the diaper wipes - a-THANK you.

Bad Ass: In response to the tattoo artist asking you how high your pain threshold is simply holding up your left hand and having him nod and begin loading up the ink.

Bad Ass: At the end having the tattoo artist say to another one that you 'sat well'.
Not so Bad Ass: Realize that when you and your friend are saying the same phrase outside the tattoo parlor that you sound like you are talking about how well your dog did at the vet.

TOTALLY BAD ASS: In front of snooty mommies at the music class, having your toddler son exclaim. "Wow, look Mommy! Letters on leg!!!

25 comments:

AKMA said...

Woohoo, WS! Now, for the GReek leg. . . .

will smama said...

Just give me the word... and some time :)

Listing Straight said...

Letters on leg-

How absolutely wonderful.

Katharine O'Moore-Klopf said...

And all God's people say it: "Bless your bad ass!"

Songbird said...

I love him!!!

reverendmother said...

So freakin' cool.

But yes, the tension between bad ass and not-so-much... I feel it.

Last week for me it was Hip and Not-So-Hip as I sat in my favorite coffee/lunch joint, wrote and read and ate... but had to visit the restroom like three times because of the durn baby-on-bladder.

Marie said...

Great kid you've got there! Definitely bad ass.

more cows than people said...

bad ass indeed.

and being a mixture of bad ass and otherwise totally.

and your kid- fabulous.

cheesehead said...

Totally.

Magdalene6127 said...

This whole thing is too cool.

ppb said...

So you didn't get to use the ankle bracelet excuse? bummer.

You're seriously bad ass.

Wyldth1ng said...

Awesome, I knew you'd be happy.
:)

Scrivener said...

Again, congratulations. I have gone through a very similar series of emotions.

So, did you decide to tip the artist?

JWD said...

You so totally ROCK!

It looks fantastic. And I love that you used the Hebrew.

revrosa said...

Bad Ass Hero!!!!!

will smama said...

Oh yes, Scrivener and you were right - it just made sense. The whole thing cost $100 and with the emotion of the moment I was tempted to give him 50% but stuck to 20% for which he seemed appreciative. He does work exactly like a hairdresser does (rents out the space) but even if that were not the case I would have tipped.

No tequila though - he stopped drinking 6 years ago.

RevHRod said...

Hesed- such a good word. Such a good choice. I am so pleased that the pain is minimal and the joy is obvious. And that boy of yours is an absolute keeper!

Towanda said...

YESSSS!!!!! to that last one!!

SRH said...

I think the fact that you held up your finger in response to his question is the coolest response ever. I am also glad it paid off with your huge compliment, even if the compliment didn't carry over well :).

DogBlogger said...

Yes, holding up your hand was about as bad-ass as you could get! Perfect!

And totally bad-ass.

Sue said...

Love Love Love Love it!!!

It's perfect. And I'm glad you went with the Hebrew. You rock!!

Rev Dr Mom said...

Awesome. Congratulations!

Lorna said...

In front of snooty mommies at the music class, having your toddler son exclaim. "Wow, look Mommy! Letters on leg!!!


love it :)

Lineberry said...

Good for you! I have 2 tattoos and this makes me want another. Of course, I also just got a minivan and feel the need to balance that out!

A friend bought a onesie for my daughter's first birthday that says "My Mom's Tattoos are Cooler than Yours" - maybe the Boy needs something similar!

mid-life rookie said...

It looks awesome. I'm almost jealous. I totally get the minivan thing. My husband and I took a getaway a few years ago. We went to a city famous for it's live music. Most of the music was more current than our tastes. We knew we had found the right spot when ours wasn't the only minivan in the parking lot.