Monday, October 15, 2007

4 Continued

Good day today so far. We hit the gym early today so that I could try out a new class. It all worked out well (although I sense that my abs are going to be voicing a different opinion when I try to get out of bed tomorrow). Then The Boy and I hit the pool for a bit and came home. All told it was about 3 hours at the Y.

TOW1 was there too but I never saw her or her husband. It was sad when The Boy said 'bye-bye' to their daughter when I picked him up from the childcare. They used to be buddies... well as much of buddies that two toddlers can be.

The benefit of the pool is that there is one very tired toddler already upstairs playing quietly in his room - per his request - so that gives me time to do some piddly things around the house like figure out what I need to tell the housesitter who comes in late tonight for her directions and to meet the dog. And of course, to touch base with YOU.

I am both VERY ready for this break and glad that I pushed it off like I did. If I took it right away when all of this was coming down then I don't think I could have appreciated it. Now I have combined it with time that was already scheduled to give me three Sundays off from preaching (the last one I will be in worship), I have gotten fairly caught up at work (and I have this sermon-less week to do a few more things), and I know better what needs to be done in the legal arena so I can leave with that as taken care of as possible.

I am 80% sure that I am leaving my computer behind because The Boy gets more of Mommy's attention when I don't have it AND a lot of work anxiety is attached to this laptop and a clean break for 10 days will be a good break. I will miss my cyber support team though :(

One more thing to share... yesterday a 90+ year old who was widowed in her 40's told me that not many people know it but her husband "stepped out on her" right before he died. She said - with tears in her eyes - that she believes this is why the Lord took him so early.

I didn't argue.

12 comments:

Wyldth1ng said...

Good luck for the next week and half. I am sure the Mommy time will be worth it.

LadyBurg said...

So close I can almost hear the waves crashing! Glad you are getting a bit more space. I look forward to seeing you when you return!

will smama said...

If someone would please give my son the napping memo I would greatly appreciate it.

30 minutes of playing semi-quietly in his room does not a break for Mommy make!

Lorna said...

Enjoy!

Sue said...

Bless you WS and the Boy too as you take this important time together to simply be. We'll be here cheering you on even if you don't have your 'puter with you to see it.

]*

mibi52 said...

Blessings.

Re TOW...I suffered through several of these in my prior marriage (TOW1, TOW2, TOW3, TOW4...and there were probably more). Sucks. No other word for it. And God bless the 90+ lady. Would that the Lord would use the same solution for the TOWs. (Ducking while the bolt of lightning bolts past me.)

Towanda said...

Have a fantastic trip. You deserve it.

Mary Beth said...

Yea, you. Have a great time. We'll be here praying.

Michele R said...

Funny how life sends you the people you need...

Enjoy your time off - you more than deserve it.

Gord said...

WHoever has the nappping memo please send 3 copies here.

30 minutes of quiet playing would be a VAST improvement over waht passes for quiet time around here.

Enjoy the time away. You've earned it (a few times over)

_insert shoulder thingy here_

Scrivener said...

Have a great trip!

Scrivener said...

I doubt that I would have argued with that woman either.