Monday, August 13, 2007

Brief Update

Quiet sick day for The Boy and I at home today. My voice is just about gone and the occasional coughing fit leaves me begging for mercy. The Boy's energy is definitely down as he is content to watch his favorite videos and lay alternately on the couch and in my lap. Occasionally he wants to play and so we do that.

Tonight we will take a break from our house arrest and with the assistance of my mother go out and look at washers/dryers as the ones in the manse have just about given all they can give. The church quickly realized that if none of them can remember when they were purchased then by all means, we must need new ones.

This, my friends, is why you stay in a call more than 4 years. My theory is that we all want the benefit of the doubt right away, but especially in these rural settings you have to earn it. Of course, that is a detailed hypothesis that must be saved for another day.... or maybe never because it actually sounds quite boring.

I am hoping this week remains as quiet as it looks to be on my calendar. There is another counseling session coming up so I am holding my breathe there.

Have a good day.
Peace, friends.

7 comments:

Songbird said...

New appliances are a tribute to your ministry, indeed. I'm not sure it's just rural churches where trust needs to be built. They are blessed to have you as their pastor, and I am glad they are blessing you in return, not just with washer/dryer, but with consideration and care during this difficult time.

revrosa said...

You keep keeping on with such grace and courage, Will Smama. I truly hope I will get to meet you in person one day. Peas right back at you!

esperanza said...

Yes, what Songbird said. The washer and dryer are just visible signs of their grace. And hope you and the boy feel better soon.

Sue said...

I wish I could bring you and The Boy some chicken soup. Feel better soon.

LadyBurg said...

Hope you two are better soon! How are the noodles? Arms yet?

Michelle said...

Mint tea and honey? feel better!

mompriest said...

Yes. I too am hoping this week is as quiet as it looks to be. You need time to rest...and catch your breath. I hope the counseling sessions eventually bring healing and wholeness, regardless of the "outcome"...and in the short term I hope they are at least cathartic...(in the "cease to emotionally vomit" kind of catharsis...)...(pray for you all daily)