Friday, June 29, 2007

RevGalBlogPal Friday Five: Gifts & Talents Edition

With gifts and talents in mind here is todays Friday 5:

1. Personality tests; love them or hate them?
I have no strong feelings either way but I will say that I still find the information about how my type interacts with other types from the Myers-Briggs information very helpful.

2. Would you describe yourself as practical, creative, intellectual or a mixture ?
Practical but creative enough that I have to give it an outlet or else my psyche starts to pay the price. That too was good information to find out.

3. It is said that everyone has their 15 minutes of fame; have you had yours yet? If so what was it, if not dream away what would you like it to be?
I don't think I have, certainly not on any kind of large scale. I do have a relative that when something interesting happened to her actually was concerned that she had "wasted" her 15 minutes on that event. That just struck me as odd as I am pretty sure it is just an Andy Warhol quote and not an actual quota.

As for me I guess I would like to have solved some problem - minor or big - that would help people in some way: cure MS, rid the world of mosquitos, write my sermons before Saturday... Of course since I am not working on any of these projects right now that seems highly unlikely.

4. If you were given a 2 year sabbatical ( oh the dream of it) to create something would it be music, literature, art.....something completely different...share your dream with us...
Hmmm.... good question. I would create the perfect retreation center that was easy to get to yet far away from everything, tranquil and would offer the opportunity to try a new vocation, do any and all things physical and spiritual or do nothing at all.

5. Describe a talent you would like to develop, but that seems completely beyond you.
This is so lame, but I just would like to play more than 5-10 chords on the guitar. Sure, actually practicing the guitar would help, but I also am reasonable enough to know that my abilities will plataeu WAY before I want them to.

Bonus question: Back to the church- what does every member ministry mean to you? Is it truly possible to encourage/ implement?
I'm sorry, I just don't have it in me to answer a church question right now unless it is, "How long are you going to be away from the pulpit after this Sunday?"
(Answer: 2 beautiful Sundays)

10 comments:

mompriest said...

Two Sundays off. Good for you. I am so ready. But I have five to go before I get my two off. I keep wondering if I really have to preach all five of these next Sunday's. Would anyone notice if I didn't?

will smama said...

Hang in there mompriest.

ellbee said...

I can so relate to the chords... Thank God for a capo and pencil for writing in the cheater chords!

Diane said...

have a great vacation! I can't wait!

Kievas said...

I'm with you on #5...at the moment, I don't even have a guitar, so that's my excuse :)

Sally said...

enjoy the 2 Sunday break- and I love your retreat centre idea- well played!

Listing Straight said...

And one of those Sundays I get to hang out with you!
That's better than onion rings.
HOORAY!

Songbird said...

Yay for two Sundays off!!!

Lorna said...

vacation and two sundays off. Yay. Hope your house is relative free soon too...

Teri said...

ooh, two Sundays off? in a row? That is indeed beautiful.
have a good time...