Saturday, June 23, 2007

Measure Progress One Bike Ride at a Time

They say that weight loss/healthy living is all about motivation - especially for women. For me we have a big family event coming up in early September where pictures will most definitely be taken. Also I went to a Little League game and realized that although the kids were ten years older than mine, the majority of the parents were 10 years younger than me.

So I made a few changes including joining the 'Y' and more importantly actually going to the 'Y'. And for now it is working.

Today TDH and I went out on my first bike ride of the season. The first pleasant surprise was when a biking jersey I bought last year that made me look like it was casing and I was the sausage actually fit. Then I was in the third level of gears for a good portion of the ride. Most excitingly, when I pedaled my legs didn't hit my gut - a problem I am quite sure Lance Armstrong never had to deal with.

Now none of those would have worked as motivational goals for me when I started all of this but it sure was nice to note the progress.

9 comments:

Lorna said...

way hay .... move over Lance :)

Songbird said...

You really do rock!

St. Casserole said...

Yippee! Good for you!

Listing Straight said...

I hate it when the guttage gets in the way...

The battery on my scale is dying- I lost 5 pounds this morning. There is a real part of me that doesn't want to change it.

will smama said...

I weigh myself once a week if I remember. TDH does it every day. This would kill my soul.

more cows than people said...

sweet!

once a week weighing is SMART.

listing straight- i wouldn't want to change the battery either- a five pound loss, yes! why do we give so much power to those numbers?

good work, ws.

esperanza said...

Good for you! Sometimes it is the things that only matter and are noticeable to us that are important...

We don't even have a scale, that's how smart we are. I think.

zorra said...

Great!!!! Good for you!

Sue said...

WooHoo!!