Monday, June 18, 2007

Enough to Make the Head Spin


Week 1
*5 softball games in 3 days
*Session (church board) meeting
*Huge concert on my lawn
*Relatives coming into town

Week 2
*Youth pool party
*TDH leaves on youth trip with 3 out of four of the relatives
*One of them stays here with me
*Me trying to work while also honoring that it is her vacation time and how much does she really want to spend with a 2 year old
*Me ignoring in-laws requests to see me and The Boy without TDH's buffer between us
*All day church fundraising event

Week 3
*TDH returns with the 3 relatives
*Surprise anniversary party for church members
*Mandatory 'fun' in adjacent quaint town with ye old tourist trappes
*Relatives leave
*Different relatives come into town
*Make up softball game
*Fourth of July with future relatives-in-law
*Relatives leave
*Surprise birthday party for church member

Week 4
*TDH leaves on mission trip
*The Boy, Mom and I leave for Atlanta
*Meet revgals and begin planning phenomenal event
*Visit with friends
*Drive home in time to be at church on Sunday (long story)

Week 5
*TDH returns
*Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep (i hope)
*Serious laundry
*Session (church board) meeting
*MS Bike Ride (50 miles even though I haven't been on the bike yet this summer)

Who's with me?!

9 comments:

Mrs. M said...

I'm reaching for my Excedrine Migraine as a read this. Good heavens, will smama!

Quotidian Grace said...

MS 50 bike ride??? Really??? And I thought I had problems saying no....

will smama said...

Oh no QG, that's one of the fun things on my list and I would do anything to push that research just the few more steps it needs to get to a cure.

Sue said...

Amen on the MS research!! You go girl!!

As for the rest, I get tired just thinking about it. Bless you.

Questing Parson said...

Okay, am I reading anything into this. In Week 3 the relatives leave, and then in weeks 4 & 5 the list gets shorter.

LadyBurg said...

You are making my summer look down right easy - and that is saying something!!!!!! I pray for good sleep when you get it.

will smama said...

qp - you are dead on!

Lorna (see through faith) said...

50 k bike ride beats this "in-laws requests to see me and The Boy without TDH's buffer between us" ... keep ignoring them sis ... somethings are not to be :)

busy summer yes - but hopefully few meetings and a lot of fun (if hard work)

since the church anniversary is a surprise you can always surprise by not going :)

blessed weekend and MIDNIGHT SUN here

oh and RevGals Atlanta ... I'm so jealous!

the reverend mommy said...

You make ME dizzy.

Wow. I am in awe.