Wednesday, May 02, 2007

When?

When will Mother's Day be my day too?
When will the in-laws recognize that their OTHER son is not someone I want to spend my free time with?
When will they realize they shouldn't either?
When will they stop excusing his abusive behavior?
When will they get tired of the way he treats them?
When will they stand up for the mother of their grandchildren rather than him?
When will they stop blaming all his problems on her?
When will they give TDH the credit he deserves rather than making his life - and our marriage - stressed?
When will I finally be allowed to get off this fireplacin' high road and tell them how I REALLY feel?

The answer to all of these questions and more is of course, when they die. And so to that I ask, "When will that be?"

14 comments:

cheesehead said...

Sister, I can relate.


(((WS)))

Jane Ellen said...

Amen and amen, sister. Me, too.

Sue said...

(((ws)))

Songbird said...

As someone who is only just learning to disengage from the ex-laws 10 years after a divorce, I hear you.

will smama said...

When will they stop using "but TDH's Mom has suffered so" as their FAVORITE manipulative weapon?

When can I tell them ALL that I know about that son... and when will I stop thinking that will actually make a difference?

I am sorry for the rant, but I have just had it.

ppb said...

Aw, I'm sorry. Sucks.

Listing Straight said...

Rant on, sister. Rant on. You've earned it.
This is SO VERY UNFAIR AND UNJUST.

reverendmother said...

Yee-ikes.

Oh, and never apologize for a rant. That's why God invented blogger, didn't you know?

will smama said...

Well, at least TDH and I have stopped alternately arguing/ignoring each other and are trying to get on the same page.

We may have to move because of them. WTF?

more cows than people said...

(((ws))) sounds VERY rough.

LadyBurg said...

Ugh! I'm sorry. Rant away!

Lorna said...

ouch!
I feel for you. I do. And on Mother's day I'm so glad I*m not living in England - so I don't have to put up with c*** like this with my own mother.

Why can't we just say NO :) That would be such a victory - and sweet too.

Reformed Catholic said...

My wife's lucky ... she has very good relations with her in-laws.

She married me after they both passed on, although I feel that my mom would have thought my wife is very good for me; I KNOW my dad would have !

Susie said...

(((WS)))

I'm so sorry that its so crappy.