Saturday, May 19, 2007

Unbelievable

Does anyone else have an issue with movies in that you will totally buy into whatever movie magic they are selling except for one seemingly mundane detail that you just cannot let go?

Last night TDH went out to see Spiderman III. During the last action-packed scene I felt myself being pulled out of the movie because I thought, there is no way crowd control would allow those people to be so close to where Spiderman is fighting the bad guys.

But a huge black web stretch across the NYC skyline and a man made basically out of sand... THAT I believe.

4 comments:

more cows than people said...

wow... first the same taste in pb and j and now this... yup. i'm with you. totally. happens to me A LOT.

one of the harry potter films- can't remember which one- i was all hacked off about clothing, forget flying, talking portraits, invisibility and other spectular feats- THOSE I believe. but... those costumes? totally distracting.

Rev Dave said...

In my previous life, I was an entomologist and this happened quite frequently.

Worst (or best) example? A Bugs Life. A bunch of us ento nerds sat around watching it and making fun of how they got the biology of the various species of bugs wrong.

It was a long time before someone pointed out that we were nitpicking (pun intended) a movie that had talking bugs in it, for goodness sake. And nobody was complaining about that.

will smama said...

rev dave - lol.

Sounds like when a group of us pastor types watched Passion of the Christ together - albeit a LOT more bloody than Bug's Life.

I just remember the table that Joseph was working on during one of Jesus' flashbacks. I'm pretty sure the set guy picked up that thing at Pottery Barn.

Serena said...

LOL!!!! what a relief to know I'm not the only one.