Friday, May 11, 2007

Revgalblogpal Friday Five: Potato, Poh-ta-to Edition

Reverend Mother's turn and you can find a slightly more editoralized version of her questions over at revgalblogpals:

There are two types of people in the world, morning people and night owls. Or Red Sox fans and Yankees fans. Or boxers and briefs. Or people who divide the world into two types of people and those who don't.

Let your preferences be known here. And if you're feeling verbose, defend your choices!

1. Mac or PC?
PC. I know that supposedly wise and witty people use the Mac (that's what the commercial tells me) but I was one of those snookered by marketing and by 'what everyone else had' and so I have continued to stay with the familiar'.

2. Pizza: Chicago or New York style?
New York style - and NOT Pizza Hut's version. I want a THIN crust so I can fill up on the toppings and not the bread thank you very much. When done well it should be what my husband calls, "pizza on a matzah".

3. Brownies/fudge containing nuts:a) Good. I like the variation in texture.b) An abomination unto the Lord. The nuts take up valuable chocolate space.[or a response of your choosing]
No NUTS! I am just not a fan and I am willing to admit that part of it is that I don't want them getting in my way as I woof down my dessert. On a sidenote, my mother-in-law who has had me in her life for over 11 years ALWAYS puts nuts in anything she makes us. My Mom will give us half with and half without. No judgment, just sayin'.

4. Do you hang your toilet paper so that the "tail" hangs flush with the wall, or over the top of the roll?
Okay people, please don't make me tell you this again. You do the former because then when kitties or kiddies stand in front of it and hit it with their paws/hands, the tail of the paper continues to go over and over the top of the roll RATHER THAN SPILLING CONTINUOUSLY ONTO THE FLOOR.

Seriously, this is just a matter of common sense people.

5. Toothpaste: Do you squeeze the tube wantonly in the middle, or squeeze from the bottom and flatten as you go just like the tube instructs?
I ask, "Can it not be both?" When the tube is full, I enjoy the freedom of squeezing the tube wherever I durn well please. As toothpaste becomes sparse, I then begin the flatten the tube approach. All of this has been helped by a stocking stuffer that came my way that slips on the bottom edge of the toothpaste tube and helps to squeeze it to the top as the tube gets emptier.

Bonus: Share your favorite either/or.
Beach vs. Lake - clearly you are one or the other.
Either you enjoy stagnant water that breeds blood-sucking insects, seaweed taller than the redwoods, the stench of mud permeating your lungs OR you appreciate the cooling breezes and healing waters of the life giving ocean.



17 comments:

hipastorzwife2B said...

I would like to be a lake person...less people than the beach, but, yeah beach I guess. Just not a crowded one, OK?

Serena said...

Ocean definitely! ... as for the tp ... how can you deprive your kitties that way -:) (actually only one of mine has played with tp .. and only rarely ... so I don't have to feel guilty)

Songbird said...

You're really good at this either/or stuff.

Songbird said...

::note to self--next time I visit ws, switch the toilet paper::

Reverend Dona Quixote said...

WS,

Here in the land of God's Left Hand, we have lakes that are like oceans ... and beaches that rival the Caribbean. The water is not salty, there's no sharks or jellyfish or water snakes ... just sayin'

will smama said...

rdq - I think if you check again there ARE snakes and hippastorzwife2b - a lake OR beach, crowded, is not for me.

Presbyterian Gal said...

Yes! Another sensible TP person! The cat illustration is dead on.

And beach. Not crowded. In any season.

mompriest said...

yea,if the lake is as big as one of the great lakes, with a nice beach, then I'm good with it. none of that smelly stinky stuff for me either. Although I never go in the water - toooo cold. well, I will walk along the shore and get my feet wet. what a wimp I am...

mamaS said...

will smama,

Clearly, you have not been to the lakes in the part of the country in which I was raised. Clear, clean water, sand and small pebbles, fresh breezes driving the bugs away from the water, and no salt!

Kievas said...

I was never much of a beach person, but I do miss the ocean.

will smama said...

mamas,

salt heals the wounds...

ws

reverendmother said...

If you're a 4 a.m. pottier like I am, you appreciate the end of the toilet paper sitting atop the roll and not having to dig.

That is all.

KnittinPreacher said...

I can't find your e-mail address on the blog, so forgive me for asking here -- may I borrow your idea for the children's sermon you posted on the lectionary leanings post?

will smama said...

Yes, kp - borrow away!

revabi said...

Now this is some play a good play.

You had fun as usual. I forgot about the kitties and tp.

I am a Beach person. Serious beach person. Grew up on them, I know nothing else.

will smama said...

RM, in a brief survey of the Friday Five players it quickly became apparant that I am a TP minority.

But I am strong enough to stand tall (or sit firm) in the face of adversity.

Mother Laura said...

I missed the brilliant bonus question last week. Ocean all the way....