Thursday, May 17, 2007

I can Prove It

How can I prove those are my toes in those sandals? Easy, just look at all of the tomboy scars you can see up and down my legs. One of my aunts once warned me I would regret using my knees to climb up trees... of course the days and days of fun in the trees were well worth one day of scar tissue showing.

It was fun to play dress-up for a day, but these shoes HURT. My pinky toes are STILL pissed.... of course I will be wearing them at least one more time to see if I can give Ladyburg a run for her shoe money!

I'll have to take another picture and post it to prove how high the heels are too.

Thanks to all who gave me their tanning lotion advice. It worked great despite the embarrassment at the pedicure place as the lotion was being scrubbed off and leaving tan marks on the white towel and in the water. I felt like Pigpen.

I reapplied when I got home.

This being a girl thing is hard!









15 comments:

PPB said...

you're SO girly!!!!

Listing Straight said...

You are...

Teri said...

how did you walk in those? They are super cute, though I wouldn't be walking far....

will smama said...

Ummm, there is no far walking in those. They are ridiculous.

Basically I rented them for $10 a wear. They are headed to a home with my sister.

Reverend Dona Quixote said...

My feet ache just looking at them ... how can something so cute be such Instruments of Satan?

Or are they Not That Bad?

will smama said...

they are instruments of Satan...

there. is. no. doubt.

Songbird said...

I applaud you for even standing in them. Those are impressive heels. Also, your legs look great.

Alex said...

Is that a ruler from a nursing home? You can't hide from us!!!

Sue said...

Nice shoes, but yes, they look painful.

LadyBurg said...

I was incredible impressed. Incredibly! I might have been out girlyed today!!

I can't even walk in heals that high,

will smama said...

Ladyburg, I might just lift that out of the comments and make it its own post. Truly, what a great compliment and thanks for a fun meet up!

Alex, I went back and checked the ruler. It is from a nursing center in Sarasota, Fl with a phone number that I am sure with that area code does not even exist any more.

TDH must have brought said ruler into this marriage over 10 years ago so if you can find me using that... all the power to ya!

Kathryn said...

Speechless - and reaching for the peppermint foot lotion in sympathy.
Such beauty and such pain!

Sally said...

yup aplauding your bravery in wearing them- my feet are rebelling just looking at them... right now they are comfily sitting in crocs!

revabi said...

I can really relate. I got the same scars. But man you outdid me with the girly look.

Susie said...

You actually put a ruler in the picture. ROTFL. I love it!!!