Friday, April 13, 2007

Revgalblogpal Friday Five: Dental Edition

Cheesehead and I (reverend mother) are both laid up this week with various tooth maladies. This one's in honor of us:

1. Are you a regular patron of dentists' offices? Or, do you go
a) faithfully, as long as you have insurance, or
b) every few years or so, whether you need it or not, or
c) dentist? what is this "dentist" thing you speak of?

a) but that is only because TDH is far more mature than I am. He drags me twice a year. It only makes me feel a little better that he has to have more cleaning done than I do... heh, heh, heh.

2. Whatever became of your wisdom teeth?
They gone.

3. Favorite thing to eat that's BAAAAAD for your teeth.
Christmas hard candy.

4. Ever had oral surgery? Commiserate with me.
Yes, my orthodontist had them place some miserable thing in the roof of my mouth - that HURT. When I returned to his chair he took one look at it and ripped it out because it "wasn't right".

5. "I'd rather have a root canal than _________________."
I was going to say go shopping with my sister (only because she is one who actually finds that activity fun - as in trying on things for fun; me not so much), but she reads this so instead I will say.... hmmm......

Bonus: Does your dentist recommend Trident?
Hee, hee. This question does remind me of when I became a Friends fan though.

15 comments:

Gord said...

you mean this exchange: (Phoebe and Chandler I think)
"Guess What!"
"The last dentist caved and now..."

Songbird said...

Did they just waltz away unimpeded?

mompriest said...

Christmas hard candy, oh yes, that too! All this talk about dental work leaves me with an impulse to go brush...

will smama said...

"Guys, guys, guess what, guess what?"
"Hmm, I don't know...the fifth dentist caved and now they're all recommending Trident?"
- Rachel and Chandler in The One With All the Poker

Reverend Dona Quixote said...

Good play ... and I read your April's Fool's bulletin for the first time. You're a comedic genius

Sally said...

excellent play- love that Friends programme- never tire of watching Friends!

will smama said...

rdq - don't. stop.

No really, don't stop. :)

Thanks, it was a nice creative release in the course of a busy two weeks.

reverendmother said...

Love that episode.

"Is Tony Randall dead?"

chartreuseova said...

My hubby sees the dentist regularly and has lots of tooth and gum problems. I hardly ever see the dentist and still have not had a cavity and only had my wisdom teeth removed. So I figure there is a causal relationship there. My logic overwhelms him so he doesn't even attempt to drag me along.

mz said...

Huh...if I recall correctly, the only time we really ever go shopping together you always come away with great outfits that make you look fantastic.

I know you hate it...but a root canal?? Ouch.

will smama said...

Um, mz you must be confusing me with your other sister - all I remember is circling around an outlet store 60x in an attempt to keep a napping baby asleep... and of course the infamous dressing room episode which shall remain untold!

Hee, hee rm - "Because I think I just hit him with my car."

Sue said...

Great list ws!!

Kievas said...

I must be the only one who never watched that Friends episode :)

rev maria said...

Nope - I never watched it too. :-)

will smama said...

First season - so it was still funny. They guys teach the girls to play poker. The are terrible at it and so Monica brings her aunt in to teach them. She comes in and asks them if Tony Randall is dead (at that point he wasn't) because she thinks she just ran him over with her car. The girls freak and the crafy aunt tells them, "That's bluffing!"

I know, who cares but I am tired of working on the bulletin.