Sunday, April 01, 2007

April Fool 2

Well, the prank bulletin on the choir worked... sort of. I was given bad information on where they pick up the bulletins so when they came in they grabbed the real ones that the organist had brought in and not the fake ones. The whole thing rang more than a bit false as I came in and handed the silly ones out, but I think that will make it more likely that they won't seek revenge. And they loved them.

One of the women did spend some time sweating out that she thought I had handed them out to the congregation too including her husband who has a decided lack of humor about such things. She was quite relieved to hear that the congregation never saw them.

Another funny from this morning was an interaction with Random Thought Woman.

Bless her heart, today she brought an Easter basked for The Boy and sweet potatoes for us. Then right before Sunday School started she ran up to me and asked who was in charge of the refrigerator in the coffee felloship area. (The frig is one of those smaller ones that you have in college with the ice box right in it).
I said I wasn't sure, why?

"It needs defrosted."

This is what I said to her, I kid you not.

"Well, in my seminary class on refrigerator maintenance they told us to never fix a frig on Sunday but always wait until your next day off. Then it will be safe to unplug it and put it outside to properly defrost."

The best part is that she ate it all up, nodding her head and absolutely agreeing until when I had finished the woman next to her started to laugh and RTW waved her hand at me smiled and said, "Oh you're pulling my chain."

It took me over five years but I have finally figured out RTW... but don't kid yourself, my project list now includes 'defrost refrigerator'. And we all know she will check it.

9 comments:

Lorna said...

good for you :)

Teri said...

oh my, oh my. that's seriously all I can say. wow.

Songbird said...

Honey, are you sure you figured *her* out?

will smama said...

Huh. You're right Songbird, she IS getting me to defrost the frig/freezer.

esperanza said...

sweet potatoes?

will smama said...

esperanza, I don't get it either.

Listing Straight said...

But at least you figured out how to not get totally exasperated...

St. Casserole said...

It's just not yer job, Sugar.

However... I like your use of humor to respond to RTW. I give you an A+.

I predict you will miss her when you move to another church or when she begins to go to K-Mart for worship and can't recall why she she can't find the pews.

Songbird said...

LOL, st. c. I am now picturing her searching for the pews...