Friday, March 23, 2007

Revgalblogpal Friday Five: River in the Desert Edition


I am about to do a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:19, NRSV


As we near the end of the long journey toward Easter, a busy time for pastors and layfolk alike, I ponder the words of Isaiah and the relief and refreshment of a river in the desert.For this Friday Five, name five practices, activities, people or _____ (feel free to fill in something I may be forgetting) that for you are rivers in the desert.


EXCELLENT timing on this one as I am actually doing this to give my mushy brain a break so I guess #1 would be...


1) Checking in on blog friends... maybe even posting.


2) Wrestling and chasing my two year old son around the house, sneaking in hugs and kissies as much as I can.


3) Da Beach... so near (3 hours) and yet so far.


4) Gathering with friends - I am an extrovert so a non-church related outing with others can really do me good.


5) Snuggles with TDH.


Thanks, I needed that.

8 comments:

Sally said...

excellent post- especially those sneaked hugs and kisses- make the most of them!

Songbird said...

What do you mean when you say a non-church related outing? Is there such a thing?

Pink Shoes said...

My near-two year old hugged me all the way from kitchen to bedroom this morning -- and not in a clinging, please-don't-get-me-dressed way, but in a really sweet, I-love-you kind of way. It was the perfect way to start my day.

Lorna said...

loved this ... esp the hugs and kisses!

revabi said...

Ahh, such a nice refreshing friday five. The beach lets go.

will smama said...

You know, I forgot to mention, no-brain shit tv. I mean truly, is there anything better than Elle Wood's video application to Harvard Law School?

"I object!"

April said...

Love the shit tv -- late night Friends episodes. I always giggle -- it's embarrassing.

And I COMPLETEKY forgot about blog-jogging. Duh.

St. Casserole said...

I love Elle Wood's entire video biography.

And, "Four Weddings.." and "Love Actually".

I miss lil kid smooches.