Friday, March 16, 2007

NOT a Snow Day

The Boy plays a game where if I point out a circle he will say it is a circle. If I point out any other shape (usually triangle or square) he says, "NOT a circle" and giggles hysterically so although there is now currently almost 4" of snow on the ground and it is still coming down, today is decidedly NOT a snow day for two reasons.

First, can one really consider it a snow day when rather than calling you before she left town as you told her to, your 104 year old admin shows up in the driveway of the church forcing you to get off the couch and hurriedly throw your clothes over your pajamas and leave your coffee behind because she drove 7 miles over hill and dale... and you just have to walk across the parking lot.


And two, THIS is what happens when one child is inside for one whole day.

13 comments:

Alex said...

Oh my goodness -- did you break into my house and take a picture of our family room!!!???!!!

Songbird said...

Can you send her home early?

reverendmother said...

Free to Be is with miss m upstairs while I sermonize--I keep hearing whining.

We are all SO ready for spring.

will smama said...

She wouldn't go. I think she has made it home safe by now as the predicted 4" have become 9" and still falling.

more cows than people said...

aw shucks! should've been, could've been, growing up sucks sometimes, eh? snow days jus taint what they used to be.

Preacher Mom said...

I SO recognize that room!

Lorna said...

got to admire her perseverence though - hope I'm like that one day (not that I want to force the pastor to get out of PJs you understand!)

blessings - our house looks like that too -only our BOY and the GIRL are teenagers! Imagine washing instead of toys, dirty plates and glasses instead of lego, and sweetie wrappers instead of crayons. Add DVD boxes etc etc ... well you get the picture.

I just close the door :)

St. Casserole said...

the picture shows a happy life

cheesehead said...

The Boy is adorable.

I'm plotzing from the cuteness of "Not a circle."

Teri said...

My house looks like that with paper and cat toys.
The cats apparently think paper IS a cat toy. Every time I leave (ie every day), I come home to stuff all over my living room. Whoever was the person who said that the "public rooms" of a pastor's house should be presentable at all times (in case of "surprise" (read: possessive/entitled) church drop ins obviously didn't have either spastic cats or children.)

Is your admin really 104? And still driving? I hope to see her on that Smuckers-sponsored happy birthday thing they do on one of the TV channels at the gym. That would be awesome.

Listing Straight said...

I agree with St. Cass...

will smama said...

Oh Cheesehead, that's nothing on the cuteness. When I point out a triangle and ask him what it is he says, "Bope."

His word for boat because the picture books we read have sailbots using two triangles (the sails) floating above a semicircle.

Teri, she is not quite that old, but I hope I have her commitment to learning new things and staying active when I am her age... about 60 years from now.

And St. Cass and Anna, it is a HAPPY life namely because on closer inspection of the picture I have finally found the cat!

revabi said...

Hey my house looks like the picture.