Friday, February 16, 2007

Revgalblogpals Friday Five: Tourist Edition

Reverendmother is our source for the Friday Five this week. She writes: I am downtown on retreat this week. Most of the retreatants are from out of town, so I get to experience this place through the eyes of visitors. So in the spirit of tourism:

1. What is one place you make sure to take out-of-town guests when they visit? (you can be vague to preserve your anonymity if you like)
Well, we're not exactly in a tourist area so it depends upon the age group of the person/people who come. With my friends I always try to hit a fun second-hand furniture store or two and/or definitely a coffee shop. With elementary kids and adolescents a church member will give us a tour of his dairy farm. With over 900 head of cattle that is not to be missed.

2. When visiting another city or town, do you try to cram as much in as possible, or take it slow and easy?
Slow and easy. Trying to cram it all in very quickly becomes mandatory fun.

3. When traveling, where are we most likely to find you: strolling through a museum, checking out the local shopping, or _________________?
Walking around seeing the sights... saving our $ for whatever splurge we have preplanned (ie: Broadway show, nice dinner, etc...)

4. Do you like organized tours and/or carefully planned itineraries, or would you rather strike out and just see what happens?
I'm not big on the planned tour route although I have always wanted to get guided around the art museum instead of just thinking to myself, "Well that there picture is right pretty."
If we could ever afford to do another country I would like to do half tour group, half on our own.

5. After an extended trip, what do you find yourself craving most about home?
Absolutely no question, our bed. It is one of those foam mattresses that contours to your body. We joke that it actually ruins some vacations because we just want to get back to our own bed.

You know, I could really use a vacation. Maybe I'll look into using one of my quarterly spiritual days

5 comments:

Listing Straight said...

You know, North Carolina is lovely this time of year. And we are a VERY spiritual place, what with the basketball and all...

will smama said...

I kid you not, that thought has crossed my mind. It's figuring out the logistics...

Alex said...

And you win the bonus points! TV for babies -- yay! :)

Songbird said...

I wish I could say the weather is nice here, but that would be a lie.

Mary Beth said...

Inquiring minds want to know: what kind of mattress do you have? We need a new one! preferably with some kind of guarantee...we've been married 7 years and this is our second mattress to ruin with grooves in it!