Monday, February 12, 2007

How the Flood Gates Were Opened

It started out so innocently - church related even.

Every year the men do a Valentine's breakfast at church and the highlight is a men's chorus that sings love songs. It helps them if they have recordings to go by so TDH asked me if I could use all of my new technology to get him You've Lost that Loving Feeling to bring to practice Wednesday night.

You see, I received an ipod for Christmas and now have been introduced to the money sucking black hole that is iTunes. But until about 10 minutes ago, I had not given the black hole my credit card number because I know I am an impulse buyer and is anything more conducive to impulse buying than songs that are "only 99 cents each"?

So now we have the Darryl Hall and John Oates version of the previously mentioned song... and the 2007 Grammy Album.... and somehow Justin Timberlake's SexyBack video.

I feel so ashamed and yet not at all sorry.

3 comments:

Teri said...

hee hee...hee hee.

that's all I can say.

St. Casserole said...

oh yes!

Songbird said...

You know, if you just mislay your iPod, you won't be tempted to buy more songs.
Just sayin'.