Monday, February 05, 2007

Blessed

First I was grateful for those of you who have stuck with me the past week as I blogged about a 2 year old's birthday party. Wow. That was some patience. Thank you.

Then I was grateful (sorry, just a few more things about the party) for an event for 16 adults and 8 children that went off without a hitch thanks to TDH, a church fellowship hall, copious quantities of food, family helpers and the words "you may mix the play dough as much as you want" which in a few of those children's eyes has made me the. best. pastor/Mom. EVER!

Then I was grateful for a late afternoon cat nap that allowed my two year son to rebound from a long Sunday and enjoy opening his presents while his Aunt and Uncle were still in town.

Then I was grateful as this evening a committee voted to get me a new computer this year instead of next... and it shall be a lappie.

All of these things and more have made for a great weekend for which I am incredibly grateful.

Then this evening when I put The Boy to bed I said, "Night night" to which he responded with his usual sweet, sing songy "Night, night. See you. Bye Bye.... "

And then for the first time ever, "I love you."

My cup - and my heart - runneth over.

12 comments:

Preacher Mom said...

How sweet!

cheesehead said...

That is lovely. You deserve every bit of it.

more cows than people said...

Alleluia! Amen!

PPB said...

aw, what a sweetie.

reverendmother said...

Awesome!

Listing Straight said...

That's one good day...

RevGalBlogPals said...

What a great weekend!

Questing Parson said...

Ah, life is good!

Lorna said...

What a blessing :)

Kathryn said...

That is really lovely...Purring on your behalf :-) x

Sue said...

aaawwww....

mz said...

oh dear...crying at work...for all the many reasons we know why.