Thursday, January 18, 2007

Too Much Information

The first and last bands listed on my Ipod meme in the post below bring back memories relating to The Boy.

In between the loss of Baby Snowpea and my next pregnancy we went to a friend's party where they played a game where we all sat in a circle with a pen and a piece of paper that had a particular writing category on it. For instance, mine said 'recipe' another said 'fable' another said 'short story', etc... We would write for a couple of minutes and then pass the paper to the next person. We did this until they went all the way around the circle and then we read them.

I forget what the heading of the story was but one of them started talking about babies and the various challenges - all humorous - that come with having them. And then the tone of the paper turned saying something like :but babies are warm and snuggly and make you want to kiss them all over and sing cheesy Air Supply songs to them... To my surprise it was TDH who had written that and for so many reasons that was a relief and a joy.

When I found out I was pregnant with The Boy I told TDH by blaring Air Supply's greatest hits through the house and watching as he slowly realized what that meant.

As for the Timberlake, well that is a slightly less gentile story. Basically my friend who gave me that as a fun gift for my birthday takes TOTAL credit for The Boy being with us today since I told her I was going to open it immediately 'to get in the mood' and we do believe that the conception date was my birthday.

I know, iw.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That we can pinpoint conception dates means that we are not having nearly enough sex. And that's all I have to say about that.

Listing Straight said...

So. Are you going to tell these stories to the Boy someday? Can I be there when you do?

will smama said...

Anonymous, your true words go hand in hand with the fact that my Mom visited us, left and then 4 days later moved in with us. My birthday was within those four days.

I am in no way complaining... I am just saying.

ppb said...

How did I not catch that your mother lives with you? Phew. Not paying attention.

I think you should tell the boy when he's 16, and about to go to prom---or better yet, to an 80s/90s party.

will smama said...

ppb, she doesn't live with us now. She was here for about 9 months as my parents transitioned from being Floridians to being close to their grandchild.

Anonymous said...

And if you notice, I said we. I not only know my conception date, I use it as a password.

will smama said...

Nice.

Anonymous said...

Zoinks!! Quite a revelation!!!

cheesehead said...

I know Wondergirl's conception date (ahem...17 years ago tomorrow) because of a really beautiful story involving my late grandmother, healing, and grace--with a miracle thrown in for good measure.

But most people just think its gross and that I don't get laid enough. Tee hee.

Songbird said...

You girls are making me blush.