Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thank You

I wish you could hear my son say 'thank you' in his sing-songy voice. He turns two in February and he has been saying it for a few months now. One of my favorite moments was during coffee fellowship after church, I handed him a cookie and as loud as can be he said, "Thank you!"

I joked with TDH that I considered my parenting to be done since you always want to end on a high note in public. "Good night everyone - my child said thank you in public - my work is finished here! Please don't forget to tip your waitress."

This month has been a struggle for me. I am still struggling with a loss that occurred on Thanksgiving Day 3 years ago. I wish I wasn't, but my body and emotions have told me all month that as far as it is concerned three years might as well be 3 months. For me as I wallow through that kind of 'muck' every little thing becomes a big thing.

I have only mentioned a few here: babysitting parishioners, babysitting parishioners, and oh yeah babysitting parishioners. My friends have gotten bigger earfuls (and email fulls). In my defense it has been a bizarre month of little things gone wrong that add up. But on the other hand - enough is enough.

Today before the hustle and MAJOR bustle in our household as we host 13 for Thanksgiving (6 of them kids) I just wanted to say in my best sing songy voice, "Thank you."


'gif' image thanks to www.artie.com

12 comments:

Lorna said...

love the dancing notes :)

Songbird said...

(((will smama)))
(That's a hug, not a set of tatas.)

will smama said...

Well, even if it were....

Listing Straight said...

I would send you tatas if I knew how...

We're busy dancing in the tutu.

And thinking about you-

Peace----

Sue said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! Bless you for hosting a big dinner even after such a rough month. As for the 'muck' - ya. Been there. Am there. ick.

((((will smama))))

jo(e) said...

Hugs. I know well about those scars that re-open on painful anniversaries.

Hope you have a peaceful Thanksgiving.

Jane Ellen+ said...

A blessed Thanksgiving, and prayers for continued healing through this challenging season for you.

{hug}

Girl said...

I (heart) Will Smama

AKMA said...

If back in the day, someone had said that we would still be in touch fifteen years later, that we'd have worked together not just in college but in seminary, and that you'd be in regular, close contact with seminarian/alumnae from a different institution of a different denomination -- it all would've seemed too weird to me (can't speak for you).

Last night we invited Beth over for Thanksgiving dinner, then showed her a "pirates" video that the boys made back in Florida. . . .

Poor Mad Peter said...

{Sound of Tardis materializing} Happy Thanksgiving!

St. Casserole said...

AKMA? You know AKMA and he comments on your blog?

Too Cool.

I know about sad anniversaries. I send love and hugs and wish you were here.

will smama said...

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and well wishes. As happened last year once we actually hit Thanksgiving Day a lot of the heaviness lifted.

St. Cass, thanks. As for AKMA the poor man had to put up with me in both college and seminary. During the former I majored in softball and volleyball and during the latter I majored in flag football.

Somehow I managed to get to where I was going though and I think he was far less surprised the second time than he was the first.