Tuesday, October 31, 2006

True Love Tapes



One of my dirty little secrets is that I love the tv show Dancing with the Stars. I just think it presents the most bang for my reality tv buck. This year there is the added bonus of watching boy toy crushes Joey Lawrence and Mario Lopez gyrate around the dance floor.

TDH allows me this Tuesday evening fetish and usually places himself in the other room where he can still watch the tv and make the occasional comment without the risk of losing his Heterosexual Man Card.

So imagine my surprise when I went home today for lunch and he put in a tape with all of the dance routines on it one after the other from last week's show. Now, I didn't ask him to tape anything for me while I was away since one of the concesssions I have made to try and cut down on the tv habit is that I don't watch things on tape. If I missed it, too bad. But how could I turn down this truly romantic gesture?

And so I watched and not only enjoyed it, but in doing so gave TDH the justification he needed for having watched the show while his wife was away... you know, just in case they stop by the house to pick up his Heterosexual Man Card.

5 comments:

Girl said...

I watched the show last week and was FASCINATED!!

Yummmmm...

zorra said...

Even my (straight male) supervisor loves to watch Mario.

Songbird said...

He may not lose the card, but he's definitely down a few points!

ppolarbear said...

hard to say, Songbird, wouldn't heterosexual men's club value doing romantic thing that involved technology? It seems a toss up.

will smama said...

I agree ppb - although isn't videotaping the equivalent of using your parent's 8-track player in the 80's. Now if he had recorded it on his dvr - THEN he would keep the card.

He watched with me last night too and when I was late told me that Monique got totally robbed by the judges... I am off to go hide his card.