Sunday, October 15, 2006

tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick


Has anyone seen Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - the new show on NBC about a show similar to Saturday Night Live? Did you see the second episode which featured prominently a clock that ticked down to the launch of the tv show they were writing and producing? The clock ticked down to '0.00.00.00' and the show began and it went great and then they showed the clock and it was counting down again.

That is what it feels like to be a pastor in charge of Sunday morning worship.

13 comments:

Songbird said...

Amen. Amen. Amen. Amen. (etc.)
P.S. We love the show!

Preacher Mom said...

Haven't seen the show. Recognize that clock, though.

reverendmother said...

I love the show too and had the same thought, although as a Lowly Associate(tm) that feeling is mitigated considerably. It's more like a mental calendar than a clock.

Girl said...

More importantly...I am SO glad you are watching that show. :)

Sue said...

Exactly!! I have only watched one episode, but I totally loved it.

Kathryn said...

Waah...It sounds great, and I'm utterly uninspired by almost everything currently on UK tv.
But that feeling, - oh yes, that I can relate to 100%!

revabi said...

Isn't that the truth.

will smama said...

rm, I think anyone with a job in the public spotlight that cannot be just pushed into the 'to do' pile is in this kind of pressure cooker. And I know a lot of Associates - none of them are lowly (well, one of them is, but that has nothing to do with his job title).

Girl, I am only allowed to watch it taped and while I am on the eliptical trainer.

Gord said...

Oh yeah, I know that feeling--especially since I generally start working on the bulletin for the next week on SUnday afternoon (has to be done before the choir meets on Tuesday so Sunday or Monday are the choices).

cheesehead said...

Yup. Exactly.

The Vicar of Hogsmeade said...

I have yet to see it "live." I'm so glad I have DVR. Just finished watching episode 3 with Sting.

I thought the same thing when I saw the clock the first time.

I want one for my church office. Maybe other folks will "get it." or not. But my clock is already ticking so putting it on the wall is funny to me.

Susie said...

Yes Yes Yes!!

Its such an awesome show - I sort of wish Aaron Sorkin would write a church show...

Teri said...

I actually described this exact moment from the show and said the same thing to a friend the other day!!!