Friday, October 13, 2006

Revgalblogpal Friday Five: Creature Comforts

Perfect timing by the revgalblogpal Friday Five on creature comforts as I am sick and home for the day (well, minus that meeting at 3... might even shower for it)


1. Comfort beverage
After a long day of physical work: ice, cold beer
After a long day of mental work: red wine
After a long Sunday morning: diet coke
While sicky: ginger ale

One of my comfort foods is Chinese which should be arriving in about an hour.

2. Comfort chair
My friend's big comfy chair that you can curl up in with an afghan (handmade by my Gram, of course) and read a book.

3. Comfort read
Coastal Living which I love, love, love although every once in awhile I get frustrated when people interviewed mention how easy it was for them to create their dream home when he is an architect and she is an interior designer. Uh, ya think?!

4. Comfort television/DVD/music
Notting Hill - it is nice and slow and romantic. I also will watch any cheesy movie they have on tv. My friends and I think they should make a channel which shows a movie in an hour with all of the clips we love and then the final 15 minutes.

5. Comfort companion(s)
The cat. The dog.

And I would be majorly remiss if I did not mention that during tragic times our friends the Onion Rings have called to ask us if we would like them to come up from Scarlett O'Hara's state. The last time we said yes and having them here was an incredibly great comfort.

Off to grab the afghan, the movie and the ginger ale. My guess is the dog and cat will follow!

8 comments:

reverendmother said...

Love that TV channel idea!

hipastorzwife2B said...

Coastal Living, ahhhh. Enjoy the chinese!

Sally said...

love Notting hill great film- enjoy the chinese... now if I can find a glass of red wine...(it is 7pm here!!!)

Songbird said...

Your pets are both very good comforters, I feel sure. (Not that I needed comfort when I was visiting; I wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong impression!)

Emily said...

I would definitely get sucked into watching that tv channel all the time.

ppolarbear said...

Coastal Living makes me covet, so I can't read it regularly, but it is a great mag.

Sue said...

Feel better soon!

St. Casserole said...

I love NOTTING HILL and felt like watching it the other day. I think it wandered off to University Up the Road.

Have you memorized "Love Actually"?
Another favorite of mine no matter how often I watch it.

"Four Weddings and a Funeral"---fabulous, too.

Common thread of these films? Nothing is required of you. Good clothing. That English flop haired boy who got in trouble with the prostitute....