Monday, October 09, 2006

More from Random Thought Woman

I have introduced you to her before. Her is my latest phone conversation with her:

ws: Hello.
rtw: I didn't understand what you wanted.
ws: Random Thought Woman? (I knew darn well who it was.)
rtw: When you told us, where do I buy those?
ws: Uh....
rtw: You know in church.
ws: Do you mean the candy for the Fall Festival?
rtw: No the cards for the trip.

And finally it clicked. A small group of us are going on a mission trip to D'Iberville, Mississippi and I encouraged the congregation to bring in Lowe's gift cards for us to bring down with us.

Can you get a D.Min in rural church linguistics?

10 comments:

Songbird said...

Where do you buy those?

ppolarbear said...

My real question is where do you go to buy Lowe's gift cards?
And what date is the fourth of July this year, while you're at it?

the reverend mommy said...

OK, that last comment?
Can I quote you?
WTF?!?!?!

Reformed Catholic said...

Sounds like some Ritalin would be appropriate for RTW ... definitely sounds AD&D !!

Another thought ... although I hate to stereotype .. she isn't blond is she ??

Lorna said...

loved this. It's so real :)

Preacher Mom said...

I think I went to school with this woman!! Or her twin-"thinking" sister!

DogBlogger said...

It appears that Reformed Catholic may have confused ADD, attention deficit disorder, with AD&D, accidental death and dismemberment (although, it got me to thinking, couldn't one lead to the other?).

Also, if they're Lowe's gift cards, shouldn't she be able to buy them... (drumroll)...

... at Lowe's?

cheesehead said...

I needed this laugh! Thanks!

Purechristianithink said...

Tell her not to worry. You are bringing the red, white, and blue flower arrangement to MS to brighten up someone's FEMA trailer--she has done her bit for the cause.

St. Casserole said...

Yeah, like the old lady who shook my hand after a service then said, "Do you keep up with your correspondence?" What??? Did I forget to send a "thank you" for something or other???

Nope.

She wanted to know if we had a mail box at our home.


Geez....