Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I Should be Insulted but...

A church member has been letting us borrow his truck while we try to find a 2005 Honda Accord with under 25,000 miles on it for less than $10,000... or a unicorn, whichever one we come across first.

The truck was at his office so I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and ride my bike over to get it. He is an accountant and I know he is quite busy with some deadlines right now so when I arrived I just poked my head into the front of the office and told the Administrative Assistant, "Tell Jim I took his truck." She looked at me a little confused which I attributed to me being sweaty and wearing dorky bicycling gear and then she moved to get me the keys from under the counter. I waved her off and told her, "It's okay, I already have a key." And I left.

I just got this email from him:
Forgot to tell you when I came out the high school girl came back and told me that “some girl” just stuck her head in the door and said she was taking my truck. Some girl!!!

I know I should be insulted, but just between you and me - I am elated!

11 comments:

Songbird said...

Heehee! I would be, too!

ppolarbear said...

Wow. so. so. cool.

Reformed Catholic said...

Gee ... you probably felt the way I used to when I was way past legal drinking age, and was asked for my ID.

Hasn't happened in a while tho ... (sigh).

Citymouse said...

I had some one tell me I looked like my exchange studnet's girlfriend.. not his mom..I guess Ill deal with it!

Lorna said...

yes!!!!!!!!!!!

cheesehead said...

awesome

Preacher Mom said...

:)

Girl said...

Excellent!!

Pink Shoes said...

Wooo hooo!

jo(e) said...

What will even be cooler is if you find a unicorn ....

Leslee said...

:)