Thursday, September 21, 2006

You're in My House

At 8am this morning a traveling nurse came to our house to do a mini-physical on TDH and me as part of our life insurance policy. We were advised before she came that she would ask us a few questions, do height/weight, take a urine and blood sample, and blood pressure checks.

When she arrived we had both The Boy and The Dog gated in with me in the living room as she walked into the adjacent kitchen. I waved to her and said, “Good Mornin’!”

To which she responded, “Hold on, I’ll get you the cup.”

Turns out she thought I had waved to her and shouted, “Urine!”



What an odd way to welcome someone into your home.

8 comments:

Listing Straight said...

I love the new commenting procrastinators label...

Hopefully her visit got better...

Listing Straight said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lorna said...

who checks her hearing ... btw!

ppolarbear said...

Yup, Lorna's right.

Pink Shoes said...

Hee hee.

cheesehead said...

Lets face it--once somebody hands you a warm cup of "first morning", it can only go up from there.

Trust me, I know all about this.

revabi said...

LOL.

YOu know where her mind was.

Kathryn said...

lol
Reminds me of the teacher who greeted a friend of mine at parents' evening by holding out his hand and saying, she was sure "Dismal".
Taking this as a comment on her son's performance she was about to retire, crushed, when she read the teacher's name badge "Mr L Dinsmore. Classics"
Suddenly, things looked up!