Saturday, August 12, 2006

Anniverary: A Little Less Dizzy

In honor of my one year blogger anniversary here is my almost first post:

I have been pastor of a rural pcusa congregation for almost 4 years now. It is my first ordained call. We have been through the honeymoon stage. We have been through the timid stage. We have been through the defensive, taking everything too personally stage... okay, who ever really gets through THAT stage.Now we are in the confident, what am I being called to do in this community with this congregation phase.Sounds arrogant, doesn't it? You can say it does. Basically at this point in my ministry all I can confidently say is that I am a little less dizzy, a little more busy, and a lot hoping that I can keep my own agenda out of the way of the higher cause.

One year later things are about the same... well except that I have been here almost 5 years now.

10 comments:

peripateticpolarbear said...

A little less dizzy....I wonder if I'll ever be able to say that.

peripateticpolarbear said...

opps, I forgot to add--congrats.

Quotidian Grace said...

Happy anniversary to one of my favorite bloggers! I love your wit (among other things).

Girl said...

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!!

Pink Shoes said...

Congratulations. Thanks for blogging.

HeyJules said...

Happy Blog Day, my Rev Gal friend! I've really enjoyed keeping up with your life here for the past year. Here's to many, many more!

Sue said...

Happy Blogversary!!

jo(e) said...

Happy blogiversary!

revabi said...

happyblogoversary
And it gets better after the 5th year.

will smama said...

Thanks all! I appreciate the well-wishes and the readership.