Friday, July 07, 2006

RevGalBlogPal Friday Five: Short Edition

A Short meme for what was for many a shortened week:tell us about five noteworthy Short things in your life.(Be liberally imaginative.)

Short People
Tiny Stewart. How appropriate this meme brings her up because she could really use our prayers right now.

Short Hops
Hmmm, how about the short hop the ball took from the tip of my husband's glove into my nose the other night that has resulted in some light bruising and swelling (frankly, not enough. I was hoping for a couple of shiners for Sunday but no luck.) I made him kiss it to make it better in front of everybody right on the field. Hee, hee, hee.

Short Stories
God is good. The end.

Short Lists
My lists are never short.
My patience? Yes.
My attention span? Absolutely.
My lists? Wait... what was the question?

Short Stops
Derek Jeter or the man in the picture Phil Rizzuto . I never saw Scooter play but the man was the voice in the radio giving me the play-by-play of the Yankee games as I acted them out in my childhood bedroom. (Yes Mom, those dents in the dresser were from the baseball bat. Was it my fault the room was too narrow for a full swing?)

Please do not even get me STARTED on my rant about how Alex Rodriguez had the opportunity to be THE. BEST. short stop of all time and instead spit on the game of baseball by going to the Yankees. Idiot.

3 comments:

Songbird said...

I was hoping your short stop would be baseball-related!

Sally said...

I am too english for all this basball stuff, will pray for your friend tho

Teri said...

oh man, don't even get this seattle girl started on alex rodriguez. have you ever heard of anyone so dumb? well, okay, here in egypt maybe, but baseball-wise? no. thanks for pointing that out to the rest of the world. :-)