Saturday, July 29, 2006

Just a Few Random Hot Saturday Thoughts...

* I am tired of Mr. Noodle. It always takes him three chances to get the answer to the question right. No wonder Dorothy always wants to ask someone else.

* While I am on the subject the guy who plays Mr. Noodle died in 2003. Why are we watching Elmo's World from 2003? Is this how far behind giving to PBS and Sesame Street is?

* All that said I LOVE the almost hour of lap/snuggle time I get thanks to Sesame Street. It is on at 7 so it is a perfect way to wind down from the day.

* TDH has been gone on a mission trip since early last Sunday morning. Yesterday we got the message that they were coming home a day early. There was not one soul in this house (adult, child, dog, cat) who wasn't happy about that news.

* After 10 years of marriage I have no illusions about what kind of reunion we will have after one of us has been gone for a time. TDH has to get everything put away and in order before he can relax. He is also an introvert and after a trip like this mentally exhausted. I kind of resign myself to stay out of his way.

* Still the hug I received last night was very nice... albeit stinky.

* The most romantic thing of all is that right now he - and NOT me - is changing a nasty, diaper-rashed bottom. I think I am falling in love all over again.

* TBS is dangerous. Just when you think you can turn off the tv they have a fun movie on and I leave it playing in the background. Right now it is O Brother Where Art Thou?

* The Boy and I had a pretty good week together. It was fun (mostly) to spend some concentrated time with him. What an amazing little guy he is to which he would respond, "Nooooo"- his latest and greatest word.

* Good week, but if you need me tomorrow you should probably check my office. There is A LOT of catching up to do.

* The movie is done and so is the post. Have a good Saturday.

12 comments:

Songbird said...

Just to be clear, Bill Irwin (Mr. Noodle)is alive and well. It is Michael Jeter (Mr. Noodle's brother, Mr. Noodle) who died in 2003. He was the short one.

Songbird said...

P.S. Glad he's home.

Sue said...

I'm glad TDH is back home. What a sweetheart to return home and get right back to the rashy bottom business.

Hey, you could almost call TDH one of the Soggy Bottom Boys!!!

peripateticpolarbear said...

Mr Who? Pasta now has its own TV show?

will smama said...

Thanks for the clarification Songbird, I figured those who needed to know the difference probably did. And it does not change the fact that I am watching Elmo's World from 2003.

Sue - lol!

PS - How weird is it that A River Runs Through It is on tv right now. I just talked about that movie in my last post.

Nap time over - time for lunch!

Songbird said...

Well, just in case Bill Irwin's mother reads your blog...

will smama said...

Oooh, good point SB - that would've been disaster, wouldn't it?

Listing Straight said...

"Boys, you're just dumber than a bag of hammers."

"I guess I'm the only one still unaffiliated, spiritually speaking."

"My Hair!"

And oooohhhhh, that scene with the sirens in the river. That is hot.


Our favorite thing about Sesame Street? It's a whole hour long.

will smama said...

"Damn! We're in a tight spot!"

Listing Straight said...

I love that line, too!

In fact, Sweet Husband and I have often commented that we don't need a DVD player when we travel, we can recite the whole movie from memory.

"Any of you boys smithys or otherwise trained in the metalurgic arts?"

revabi said...

I do not like Mr. Noodle either or his friends or family or whoever they are. I think Elmo could have done without him. I have to put up with him when watching Elmo's world too. But I do so like the time I get with the kids. Hey hope after Mr. Introvert comes out of his shell, and is organized you get a huge glad to see you reunion.

hipastorzwife2B said...

Being 2.5 Flash thinks Mr. Noodle (or his brother Mr. Noodle) are hysterical. Sesame Street is on at 6 a.m. here so while I struggle to wake up, he is laughing his head off yelling "No Mr. Noodle!" Not a bad way to wake up.