Saturday, June 03, 2006

RevGalBlogPal Friday Five: Summer Blockbuster Edition

This week's questions are inspired by the various summer films currently in the theaters or soon to be released. Here's your large popcorn and blue raspberry Icee--would you like Raisinets or Goobers with that? Silence those cell phones please, the show's about to start:


1. If you were a mutant, what ability would you like to have? (think superpower)
My first thought was invisibility but really, would I actually put that to good use? No. I would use it mainly to hear what other people are saying about me (Hello neurosis!). So I am going to stick with flying.

2. Tell us about a memorable road trip you've experienced.
Hmmm... I guess these would be the numerous ones I took from my home in the northeast to my college on the west coast of Florida. I remember making that trip one time in an obscene amount of time, waiting two hours before I called my parents to say we had made it and my Mom still saying, "Already!"
One of these trips back home was also when the honor student next to me turned west towards Alabama instead of east towards I-95. When I told her we needed to turn around she told me that I was just confused because we were in the south. Uh. Huh.

3. Do you enjoy solving riddles and working on puzzles? If so, what kinds?
I enjoy problem solving in real life, but do not particularly enjoy sitting down with puzzles and riddles.

4. Take two of your phobias and combine them to make a campy horror/disaster flick. What would it be called?
Actually the movie I think this question is referring to pretty much nails it on the head: A locked, confined space at a ridiculously high altitude filled with slithery, poisonous companions otherwise known as... Snakes on a Plane!

5. Just how batsh*t crazy is Tom Cruise, anyway?
Seriously... he gone.

I have refused to go to this movie because I don't want to put even ten cents into this man's pocket. Although we don't go to the movies often this actually is a sacrifice since I consider the Mission Impossible series nostalgia since I used to watch the tv series with my Dad all the time. And I hear the third one is the most true to the tv format meaning no betrayal (Jim would have NEVER done that) and working as a team (could we have relied more on plastic masks and less on teammates in the second one?).


Bonus: Name each of the five movies that inspired these questions.
1) X-Men
2) RV
3) Davinci Code
4) Snakes on a Plane
5) MI3

Anwers are here. DOH! I was so close.

1 comment:

Songbird said...

I hadn't heard of Snakes on a Plane, but I did include snakes in mine. So scary!!