Friday, June 30, 2006

Revgalblogpal Friday Five: Inevitable Fourth of July Edition

1) Do you celebrate 4th of July (or some other holiday representing independence?)
Sorta. I grew up with amazing firework displays over bodies of water so the ones here in "i miss the ocean, and these ain't mountains, united states" don't exactly get me excited. If I am going to fight traffic and be so sticky hot on a summer night that I am sweating for the person next to me as well as myself then I want a long display, set to music, over water.

2) When was the first time you felt independent, if ever?
Grade School:
Being allowed to go to the candy store on my own
Middle School: Going to the movies on my own with friends... you know, after one of our parents dropped us off of course.
High School: Driver's license
College: Spending the summer between Junior and Senior year in Chicago. It was the summer I turned 21. Best. Summer. Ever.
Now: Ironically I could really use my Mommy right now...

3) If you're hosting a cookout, what's on the grill?
Ribs, grilled veggies, steaks, portabellos, shishkebobs...

4) Strawberry Shortcake -- biscuit or sponge cake? Discuss.
If my grandmother is making it, biscuit; anyone else - sponge cake.

5) Fireworks -- best and worst experience
I don't remember this but apparantly as a child I would cling so tight to whomever was holding me when the fireworks started that my Mom would bring a towel so there was something between me and them. Best experience... Fourth of July's on the river with my family are entrenched in the nostalgia portion of my mind so they all seem perfect.

4 comments:

net said...

Did you recycle the awesome RW&B bowling ball altar floral arrangement left over from Memorial Day Sunday to Fourth of July Sunday?

will smama said...

Good question. No. That thing is in quite the shambles in my closet and I am not sure all the king's horses and men can put it back together again.

Songbird said...

Oh, this makes my question above moot. But still funny. Teeheehee.

Celia said...

This article is fantastic; the information you show us is very interesting and is really good written. It’s just great!! Do you want to know something more? Read it... Glass Bongs and Bong featuring Herbal Smoke, water bongs, bongs online head shop, Marijuana Alternative,glass water bongs, Hashish, Ganja, homemade bongs, Smokeshop, cannibis, legal smoking alternatives for herbal highs and aphrodisia. http://www.headshopinternational.com