Monday, June 19, 2006

Rev Gal Friday FiveZzzzzz ('cause I am in my own time zone)

friday fiveZzzzzzz....

Well, it's 9:00 p.m. on Thursday night, and I'm posting the Friday Five a little early, then going to bed. Yes, I'm really that tired. Which brings me to this week's Friday Five: sleep!

1. In what kind of environment do you sleep best? (e.g. amount of light and noise, temperature, number of pillows, breathe-right strip, sleeping in the buff, etc.)
Cold because I like a sheet and a comforter, dark (sometimes I put a pillow or one of TDH's t-shirts over my eyes), body pillow between the knees since I sleep on my side and (get ready for the sexy) - a mouth guard because I grind my teeth at night.

2. How much sleep do you need to feel consistently well-rested?
How much can you get by on?
What are the consequences when you don't get enough?

8 hours. I can do less, but when that becomes a habit Little Miss Instantly Irritable comes out to play and that is not good for anybody.

3. Night owl or morning person?

Night owl if anything. I often remind myself of that Jerry Seinfeld riff where he talks about our morning selves being mad at our night selves for staying up so late.

4. Favorite cure for insomnia
I try to remember the first time I met TDH and then run through our dates (that I remember) up to our wedding and the....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5. To snooze or not to snooze? Why or why not?

I used to snooze but for 16 months now I have had a baby alarm and he does not like it when I go in and hit him on the head in order to get 9 more minutes of sleep, then 8, then 7, then 6....

No comments: