Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Like, Oh my Gaw...

I really, really, really, REALLY wish this were not the case but as I am listening/watching the PCUSA's General Assembly I can always tell who is a Youth Advisory Delegate before they declare themselves to be just by the inflection of their voice (read: valley girl). So far there have been no exceptions. I will let you know.

UPDATE: I by no means caught all of the debate but from what I saw two YAD's - one from Cayuga-Syracuse and one from Milwaukee - broke the trend

And a special thank you to reverend mother who turned me on to the GA's video livestream which is a very specific mind-numbing, torture device... and yet I can't turn it off.

5 comments:

reverendmother said...

So true.

Try it with a fussy teething baby.

One word: Gitmo.

Songbird said...

I watched a bit of streaming General Synod last summer and found it just as addictive. Don't worry, it will be over soon!

Quotidian Grace said...

join our drinking game at my place while you watch.

apstraight said...

Thanks for watching...

cheesehead said...

I am proud to say that the YAD from my Presbytery was (as St. Casserole would say)lovely and decorous. Not a 'val' phrase to be heard.

We raise them right in the Snow Belt...