Tuesday, June 27, 2006

All Good Plans...

So I thought the title of today's post was going to be: He Left Me.

TDH and youth group were supposed to leave very early this morning for a Christian Music Festival but the rain, rain, rain came down, down, down and the dadgum thing got cancelled.

Did you check out the link? Their exact wording is: Christian Music Festival 2006 Northeast schedule for June 28 - July 1, 2006 has been postponed until June 27-June 30, 2007.

Um dudes... if the date of an event is pushed to the next time said event is scheduled - the following year - then we English speaking folk like to call it by its real name: C-A-N-C-E-L-L-E-D.

Look, I know the weather is what it is but they had to move this thing a couple of years ago for the same reason - the farmland where it takes place is in a low-lying, easily flooded area. I think it is time to come up with a different location somewhere in this quarter of the country.

In the meantime - in the interest of full disclosure - the REAL reason why I am upset is because I had movies we had not watched yet in the mailbox ready to go back to Netflix so that I could watch some stuff that TDH might not enjoy. When the festival got cancelled he went out and actually retrieved the unwatched movies from the mailbox.

Stupid rain, now I can't watch Sweet Home Alabama.

6 comments:

Songbird said...

Is it any consolation to hear it's not that good anyway?

cheesehead said...

Yeah, the best part is getting to look at McDreamy...and he's not in it nearly enough.

will smama said...

songbird, I know, I've seen it... I just had an urge to be girly and see it again.


Cheesehead - I KNOW - actually I was rooting for him through the movie... even though I new that was not how it was gonna be.

Lorna said...

I hear you sis :)

see-through faith said...

(oh and what you need is european style mail boxes so you cannot retrieve post from your own mailbox!)

gavin richardson said...

i went to one with youth a few years back in memphis that was poorly attended, it was great though. backed by wycliffe, with a secondary festival hosted by waterdeep it had just an eclectic feel. guess though the all mighty dollar kept it from coming back.