Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Ode to the Suburbs

HEY NEIGHBOR!!! THE BURNING BAN MEANS YOU TOO!!!

But thank you ever so much for rousing me awake on the one morning my son has chosen to sleep in and thank you for reminding me that my lungs and tonsils and those of my loved ones are precious commodities and might be a justifiable reason for us to move away from here.

You have also justified my trip in town for a moment at Target and a latte as I have to leave the general vicinity in order to breathe....

INSERT ENRAGED CUSS WORD (OR TWO OR THREE) HERE!!!

Update: The burning has dissipated and it now smells like spread... much better.




4 comments:

see-through faith said...

ouch!

hope the latte was good :)

LutheranChik said...

We are in the midst of a real drought, with a burning ban in effect, and yet I see yahoos stubbornly burning leaves, etc. on their property. How urgent is the need,really, to burn a pile of leaves that have been lying there all winter?

will smama said...

LC - The worst part is that folks consider it an inherent right. If you even remotely mention that maybe we are spreading toxic fumes into everyone's lungs even the most level-headed folks around here act as if you just showed up from Mars.

"It was good enough for my Pappy, it's good enough for me."

RuthRE said...

Call the fire department!
They'll get the picture when a big red engine comes. They'll likely issue a warning....then charge the neighbors for the next visit!

(trust me, i'm related to a fire marshall/firefighter/emt)