Wednesday, May 17, 2006

D'oh!

Today I went into the city to visit a young couple whose first child was delivered into the world by Casaerean yesterday. He needed immediate surgery and is in the NICU recovering. Two people can visit at a time and the couple surprised me by asking if I wanted to go down with the husband to visit the baby while the wife ate lunch. I was SO excited that right before I turned to walk out the door the wife had to ask me, "Would you pray with us before you go?"

Nice.

I did redeem myself however because as soon as we scrubbed up and walked in the NICU nurse said that she had thought the mother was coming down and had the baby all ready to be held for the first time. The husband said he would go get her, I thankfully had the presence of mind to stop him and say no, I would go get her. With a quick prayer over the babe (eyes open so I could take in this marvelous little being) I ran up and told the mom that she should go down and hold her beautiful baby boy.

2 comments:

see-through faith said...

He needed immediate surgery and is in the NICU recovering.

I read this as the dad ... (grin)

Need to get back to the party I think.

Leslee said...

Way to go!