Monday, May 22, 2006

Cheaper than Counseling


To the untrained eye this may seem to be just a computer cabinet with a steroid problem. To me it is the all new 'Sanity Restorer - Wire/Clutter Container' complete with flux capacitor.

Apparently I am going through the nesting stage a lot of third trimester women go through about, oh.... 16 months late. I have followed up my office project with home de-cluttering.

The irony is that in our family you would pick me as the clutter-bug first. I tend to leave 'the trail' around the house while my husband keeps his things in "neat" stacks, piles and boxes. And therein lies the problem. Where I will pitch, he will place in a box with the idea that he will see if he wants/needs said item later.

Later never comes.

A few weeks ago, I lost it. I had run into the corner of a box sticking out off a chair one too many times. We have GOT to do SOMETHING!!! And so we found 'something' at Ikea. I spent most of Saturday putting it together and finished off the doors and moving things from the dining room table today. I have learned a few lessons from this:

  1. Do not wait until you explode (duh).
  2. Sometimes I do know better and should push a bit on my ideas and purchases for the family.
  3. Do not rant and rave about needing and then ultimately purchase a big ticket item right around your birthday, 'cause that is all you're gonna get.

I do not care... it was worth it.

7 comments:

Songbird said...

Well, it looks very cool.
I got pretty much nothing for my birthday except going out to dinner. I enjoyed buying myself a bracelet in Atlanta. Also perfume. And a couple of pairs of sandals. It all works out in the end.

Kathryn said...

It's excellent...wish you'd come and work on the Curate's house, though.
As for birthdays, well, I guess the new car is scheduled to arrive the day before mine, so that's it!

cheesehead said...

I had one of those thingies in seminary. I called it my "office" even though it sat in the major traffic pattern of our very tiny student apartment. I loved it. Close the door and the work day is over. (Or something like that.)

I'm still nesting, after 19 years.

(And Songbird's new shoes are very cute...I was with her when she picked them out!)

apstraight said...

It's bee-ay-utiful...

I mentioned my office space reorganization plan to one of the property guys/volunteers this morning. Really, it would organize the church space in a much better way.

He didn't even try to hide that he was rolling his eyes...

Enjoy...

peripateticpolarbear said...

I like it.

Sue said...

I like it. Is it as big as it looks in the picture? You could have a party in there!

will smama said...

Sue, it IS that big. Our next challenge is chair... and locking it since one of the pictures I took had my son sitting in front of it victoriously waving the child lock he had just pulled off the handles!