The Assignment: Name five things you do when you are trying to avoid doing what you really need to do.
1) I do all things blog (read, write, surf, cut and paste for later, bloglines, comments, memes, etc...)
2) I do all the little things that pop in my head while I am working on the main thing. So for instance (and this is purely hypothetical) I am working on my sermon and it pops into my head that I wonder if songbird is also working on her sermon. So I email her. And read her blog. And comment on her blog. And follow a link from her blog and so on and so on and then it has been an hour.
3) I decide I need sustenance to keep me going and find said sustenance. This can lead to emptying out whatever it is and needing to recycle or take trash out or reload item.
4) Peruse tv channels. Wouldn't want to miss a good sermon illustration you know.
5) Sometimes I try to find the cure for information overload.
I would do more than five but I am feeling hungry and the trash needs to go out and I really should check the mail and I have some blogs to check on and...
Hey! Why is the Bible, pen and sermon worksheet here?
ADDENDUM: Install a wireless mouse and go through piles and boxes on desk/in office all in the name of "I will be able to think better this way!"