Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Is it Just Me?

I do not really have the brain power or energy right now to really go on a rant about this, but does it not seem like this trial for Moussaoui is giving the guy more attention than he is worth? Basically the prosecution is parading for all the world to see what to him is his greatest success story.

Does this man deserve to hear our neighbors' cries for help on the recordings from Flight 93? Does he deserve to hear direct from Rudy Guiliani about the people who jumped to their deaths? Does he deserve to watch the victims' families come and testify about that day and their lives afterwards?

NO! In his skewed, heart-of-stone world this is his greatest victory. The prosecution is basically replaying his greatest moment over and over and over again.

I am not so sure I want him to have the death penalty either. It will cost us millions, but I would rather foot the bill than make that a-hole a martyr to other skewed, heart-of-stone bastards like him.

I am not sure if that is Holy Week talk, but that is all I have got for now.

5 comments:

RuthRE said...

well, it is a post of passion

I truly have to lean in your direction. TV news makes me want to hurl on a regular basis...which is why I can't remember the last time I actually sat down intentionally to watch TV....

I say this, because without our mass, jingo media.....many things would be perceived so differently...i mean...MANY things.

Songbird said...

Wow. I honestly hadn't thought of it that way. Which is not to say I disagree. He is certainly getting what he wanted, which seems to defeat the purpose.

Emily said...

I was thinking the same thing this morning. IMHO, that's the problem with the death penalty. (one of them, I should say). By asking for revenge, we end up giving more attention than necessary, giving him satisfaction and the potential for martyrdom.

Girl said...

Can't we just make him sit in a cell and force him to watch Pat Robertson for the rest of his life?

Of course, I am not condoning torture...but...

Quotidian Grace said...

It's hard not to conclude that he isn't doing his best to get the death penalty and matyrdom. He's likely to get both if he is convicted and put in a general prison population.